• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peak offseason post: Black Helmets

Eazy-E

Return of two helmets remains possible for 2021

The NFL has been considering the possibility of dumping the rule that limits players to one helmet per season. That rule is unpopular for many, because it necessarily prevents teams from using throwback or alternative uniforms based on helmets with a different color than their base helmets.

According to the NFL, there’s still no update on the possible return of multiple helmets for 2021. Even though the issue wasn’t raised at the ownership meetings conducted this week, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said that this change, if it happens, requires no discussion or vote among ownership

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/27/return-of-two-helmets-remains-possible-for-2021/

2 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

Is it normal for a team to have helmets in a color they don’t use for massive autograph signings? They even have the same helmets for sale on fanatics. Seems kind of strange to me.

Yes it is very normal. Nothing to see here, unfortunately.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/06/bruins-hurricanes-could-swap-linus-ullmark-and-martin-necas.html The Boston Bruins are continuing to garner more and more interest for their former Vezina Trophy-winning goaltender Linus Ullmark, giving them a chance to be picky about the return. That could exclude much of the league from acquiring the star netminder, with Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman sharing on The Jeff Marek Show that he doesn’t believe teams like the Vancouver Canucks or Montreal Canadiens have the assets to acquire Ullmark. Friedman added that the Carolina Hurricanes could be one of the few teams rich enough for the deal, especially if they involve forward Martin Necas. https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/carolina-hurricanes Expect the Maple Leafs and Predators to be two of the top suitors for Hurricanes defenseman Brett Pesce if he hits the open market next month, The Fourth Period’s David Pagnotta reports.  
    • They do, just when. I hate to be pessimistic but it’s all about the QB. I can’t recall a QB situation where a bad QB (not bad stats, but looking like they don’t belong) turned a team around. Peyton Manning had a ridiculous amount of interceptions but he didn’t show his future limitations. Usually, it was picking another QB in the draft. Unfortunately, IMHO, we won’t be really better until we get our Cam v2, someone who can carry the team and not win only if we have a stud lineup around him. That’s why I’m more interested in how the rest of the draft picks do to see if we can actually solve holes like the ones we created losing Olsen, CMC, Moore, Turner/Kalil/Norwell, etc. I want to actually be one QB away not Fitterer’s definition of one player away.
    • I will say once you have been in newer arenas and stadiums with their way better bathroom set-ups, it is such a massive improvement. It clears up a lot of insane lines just waiting around to piss.  I have taken to not drinking at all at older stadiums just so I don't have to deal with planning when to take a piss and what part of the game I am gonna be forced to miss because of it. It's so nice to be in a new arena/stadium with way better bathroom accessibility that doesn't force you to literally miss the game. Not to mention I will actually spend money on booze there then.