• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper says "no way in hell" he'll build a dome

21 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Didn't the city of Charlotte contribute several million dollars for upgrades that were just completed a year ago? I doubt they thought the stadium was falling down anytime soon. I do not see an appetite in the near future for a new stadium.

It looks pretty swanky on all the video productions they've been releasing.

That said I do wonder about American builders.

The Empire State has stood tall for nearly a century, but apparently football stadiums have a 25 year shelf life...

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, t96 said:

Retractable which will be closed in anything less than perfect weather incoming. Should’ve asked him about grass too once the soccer crap isn’t happening at the same stadium.

That’s not what he said…but it’s possible 

and yes somebody should have asked him about the horrible surface he is putting down

Edited by Scott12345

This will be a nightmare since clt city council will be involved 

they can’t even get a single house built without it becoming a disaster 

I still say there is a big, big chance it ends up in SC with the headquarters 

Edited by Scott12345
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Madwolf said:

It's not about what the city wants, it's about what the billionaire wants. If he wants a new stadium he'll have no qualms about threatening to leave without a new one until the tax payer coughs the money over for the new digs.

lol So...not a fan huh? Of Tepper in specific? Or Billionaires in general?

I have no idea why people hate the idea of retractable domes. I mean granted the price tag, but on the other hand have any of you been to boa when it was 90 degrees sun beaming and your on the wrong side of the shade.. it felt like my insides were baking. It sucked. 

I for one don't mind putting in for a dome if it makes the experience all the better and don't really care for the"football is ment to be played in open air good Ole days mantra" indoors perfect scenario I'm all for it.

1 hour ago, Scott12345 said:

This will be a nightmare since clt city council will be involved 

they can’t even get a single house built without it becoming a disaster 

I still say there is a big, big chance it ends up in SC with the headquarters 

There is no chance it will be in SC lol. They can’t even pay for the headquarters now. They will not let the stadium leave uptown Charlotte.

Presently, the Panthers are the only team in the NFC South that does not play in either a dome (New Orleans, Atlanta) or in a warm weather climate (Tampa Bay). And in football, there is a certain common wisdom that teams in such environments are at a disadvantage come December and into the playoffs.

If teams like the Saints or Buccaneers go on the road, the idea that they “can’t play in the cold” because of their home environment becomes an easy talking point, something that former Buccaneers head coach Jon Gruden had to deal with for years, and now still deals with as head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders.

3 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:
Presently, the Panthers are the only team in the NFC South that does not play in either a dome (New Orleans, Atlanta) or in a warm weather climate (Tampa Bay). And in football, there is a certain common wisdom that teams in such environments are at a disadvantage come December and into the playoffs.

If teams like the Saints or Buccaneers go on the road, the idea that they “can’t play in the cold” because of their home environment becomes an easy talking point, something that former Buccaneers head coach Jon Gruden had to deal with for years, and now still deals with as head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders.

There is a stigma attached to "Dome" teams. And it does seem to hold water. Real men play outdoors in any kind of weather.