• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

70/1 Give me a scenario where.........

mrcompletely11

1 hour ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

We had some great players on that team. You can’t really compare the two. That defense was light years ahead of this one too.

No one was scared of our defense then, other teams scored on us quite a bit, leading to tons of nail-biters and the Cardiac Cats moniker. We literally just out gritted other teams and never gave up.

Could be a similar situation.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Am I the only one on here that thinks the NFC south is up for grabs?  I firmly believe this is the year it all implodes for Brady.  I think New Orleans is probably rudderless without Brees and the defense of ATL makes them vulnerable.  I do think their offense will still be really good.  But man my head says this is finally the demise season for Tom Brady.  Something is going to happen whether its injury or his arm just stops or maybe both but damn man I just cannot get on board anointing them a favorite knowing their qb is 44.  I have been 44 and I played sports in high school, poo pops and aches and is tight just rolling out of bed.  I cannot imagine what he feels like trying to get the day started.

In think in the preseason, Tampa has to be the heavy, heavy, heavy favorite. I too have been predicting Tom's demise but he seems to defy the odds. He will falter at some point but I am done predicting it.

The Saints are the obvious #2 IMO, if they figure out their QB situation. I think with Jameis they are gonna be tough to play. With The Golden Calf of Bristol-light, they will start to fall apart. I think Payton's ego gets the best of him and he tries to use Hill to prove he is a genius.

Atlanta is tough on paper. But....aren't they every offseason? Falcons gonna Falcon.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, SBBlue said:

We avoid the injury bug at thin positions (like linebacker)

Donte has a probowl 6 int season.

The oline stays healthy enough and performs well enough to keep Darnold upgright.

Tremble lays wood all over the field, Darnold and Marshal pull down TD's in the RZ.

Brady and Rhule keep their aggresiveness and improve end of game clock management.

Snow becomes more aggresive with the better man power.

Oh and Slye becomes a solid crunch time ace.

This is fun.  Great post.

tenor.gif?itemid=4642309

Injuries, injuries injures.  We don't have them like last year and Tampa gets a ton of them.  And Rogers say FU to Green Bay and doesn't play at all this year.

• Pie 1

People are talking about O-lines.

2003 our O-line included: Brezinski, Donnalley, Gross, James, Mitchell, Nelson, Reyes, Steussie, Willig. Gross, Reyes and Mitchell were good (Gross would become fantastic over time). Donnalley was okay and well, the rest weren't going to win any rewards from anything short of the Turnstile Manufacturers' Association.

2015 our O-line included: Kalil, Norwell, Oher, Remmers, Scott, Turner, Velasco and Williams. Kalil the greater and Norwell were good. The rest, well, just look up the comments about them on here.

You might be surprised how good our current o-line will be in comparison.

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

People are talking about O-lines.

2003 our O-line included: Brezinski, Donnalley, Gross, James, Mitchell, Nelson, Reyes, Steussie, Willig. Gross, Reyes and Mitchell were good (Gross would become fantastic over time). Donnalley was okay and well, the rest weren't going to win any rewards from anything short of the Turnstile Manufacturers' Association.

2015 our O-line included: Kalil, Norwell, Oher, Remmers, Scott, Turner, Velasco and Williams. Kalil the greater and Norwell were good. The rest, well, just look up the comments about them on here.

You might be surprised how good our current o-line will be in comparison.

This scenario has us winning the Super Bowl. The 2015 line is the reason we lost. We also have a young QB. Young QBs really need protection to thrive (especially in the playoffs). I agree our line could be solid this year, we just need a couple young guys to step up. 

Darnold gets bench...

PJ Walker gets the start after the half vs the Jets...goes on to have a Jake vs SD comeback win.

The stadium plays DJ Khalid “All I Do Is Win” every time PJ comes out....

Headliner: PJ Purr-fitt Comeback Win...Fitterer and Rhule decide to keep PJ as the starter 

PJ goes on a unbelievable tear, leading the Panthers to their very first Super Bowl while dethroning the Miami Dolphins from having the only perfect season. 

Panthers fans start debating if he plays more like Jake or Cam, some will say a combination of both.

Those who doubted will be forever poo’d on.

It comes down to the injury bug (getting it or avoiding it) and a few key players in the league getting old over night.

In our division, the  Bucs could find themselves in the getting old overnight group. The Saints already did and are in cap hell. The Falcons failed bigtime last year and just lost Julio. We're the unknown and if our coach meets his potential, we could take the NFCSouth.

The NFCNorth will be a bloodbath this season if Rodgers goes missing. The NFCWest could beat itself to death in hard competition. The NFCEast will probably be won by the team with no name. 

I mean, it could happen that we slide through some great happenstances.

Its about the defense. We have so many exciting pieces but they need to translate together and create an onslaught.  Bring wrath upon the NFC which is honestly wide open if Brady really deteriorates.  I mean we've got a lot of young promising names.  Perryman & Bouye (injuries) and Burris & Pride (good enough? Can they make a leap?) are the biggest question marks but I honestly like all of them.  Easily top-10 potential.  Maybe top-5.  There's roughly 8-10 guys I'm looking at that need to start collapsing pockets and quickly:

Burns

Brown

Reddick

YGM

Daquan

Fox

Roy/Nixon

Haynes/Miller

Then it will make our nickel/dime package unit's jobs much easier with Shaq, Perryman, Chinn, Bouye, Jackson, & Burris.  With the occasional Taylor/Pride.  Maybe Carter Jr surprises.  

I'm probs missing some dudes but whatevs.

net around 15 PA per game, 35+ sacks, 14+ ints  

--

Offensively, we need redzone maximization.

Brady needs to improve and Darnold needs to shake off the Jet stain.  

CMC needs to hit the ground running and stay the consisten min 4 yarder type he's been.

Tremble needs to become an all around blocking/receiving weapon

Erving or Daley need to not remain injury proned and one step up and into LT in a good capacity.

Paradis needs to lead and not rely on good talent alongside to make him better.

Brady C better bring it at LG. 

Our receiving group lives up to the hype and more, launching us into the endzone repeatedly with Shi, Marshall, Arnold adding to the Robbie+DJ combo.  Maybe David Moore does damage.  Omar Bayless.  

Net 22+ per/gm, win the runover battle, win in the division

Go into the playoffs with momentum.