• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp - Monday Camp Thread

Zod

2 hours ago, Seltzer said:

Saw CMC, DJ, & Shi Smith were the ones I remember from practice off the top of my head, but I know there were more.  

Shi Smith's best chance to not end up on the practice squad is winning the PR job IMO.

Thanks- I sure do not want to see CMC or DJ returning punts. I hope Shi Smith is up to the challenge. It’s too bad one guy ie- Cannon- can’t do both. 

45 minutes ago, thennek said:

Thanks- I sure do not want to see CMC or DJ returning punts. I hope Shi Smith is up to the challenge. It’s too bad one guy ie- Cannon- can’t do both. 

Heya why is that so? Is it a rule I don't know about? Fan from Germany here.. 😅

1 hour ago, RJK said:

Those were some ugly throws and bad decisions from the QBs today. I get the feeling they could use a vet in the room 

The Darnold pick was on Ian. He ran the wrong route and puts his hands on a ball intended for Robby. Ian looked like he was intercepting the ball, haha.

Judging by the positioning of the rest of the receivers, Ian was supposed to break inside. 

DC74804C-EA18-436F-9BD8-6A9041544EA3.jpeg

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 3

2 hours ago, SBBlue said:

PNP
@PantherNationPC
·
3h
Interesting that WRs are getting called out for “running bad routes” and such’

I saw rhule say that. But looking at darnolds first interception idk if it was Ian Thomas or Robby Anderson that ran the wrong route. It looked like the ball was intended for Robby and Ian put his hands on it causing Robby to whiff.

Given what was said earlier in the off-season about Thomas not learning the playbook last year and Robby seemingly being prepared it’s not hard to see why I would think that one was on thomas

second interception was 100% on darnold. The play call looked iffy to begin with for that situation but throwing it to the only wr getting doubled isn’t the best look.

excited for the pads to come on so we can start seeing how the o line shakes out, and obviously so the guys can really get to work sorting things out

Edited by Jorgie

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The team does put a certain amount of value on physical talent, and Thomas at least has that.

If he can't get his mental game up to standard though... 

How long are we supposed to wait for this imaginary physical talent to produce on the field?  He's been a waste of a roster spot since day one.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

How long are we supposed to wait for this imaginary physical talent to produce on the field?  He's been a waste of a roster spot since day one.

Barring a breakout year, I think the most time he's got left is this season.

(and I do think it's possible he doesn't even make it that far)