• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule was trying to "hold" the lead today ?

JABANOG

6 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Generally, I agree.  But I heard Rhule's comments on the postgame show.  He said they were running more when Grier was in because they were trying to ice the game.   I found that comment a little scary in that at no point in the second half were we really in a position to ice the game by running out the clock.  I looked it up, and Will Grier threw it ten times in the second half, compared to PJ's 21 times in the first half.   So it seems they really were trying to ice the game.  Hopefully you are right and they were just trying to practice that aspect, but it seems a strange thing to say and do.  But if they try to ice a real game with a one score lead in the fourth qtr, Rhule will be back coaching in college sooner rather than later. 

Also that is no excuse for whatever was going on with 8 minutes left with the score tied, and then I think they ran a 7 minute drive on us for that last field goal? Either they wanted to work the defense or they didn't want to see Grier try to run a 2 minute drill

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Thank you, Mr Snow, for being the only voice of logic reasoning in here. 

Seems to me there are already a lot of huddlers that hate our coach, and will waste no opportunity to bash him. 

Gotta love the professional amateurs.  

Just save their seat on the bandwagon.  They don't like the bumps, but love the destination.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Ace420 said:

I don't buy the holding a lead BS. 

Winng a preseason game means nothing, it is all about talent evaluation and trying practicing new plays and formations. 

The coaches called some pass plays for Greer and he was inaccurate. He is going to be cut for sure. 

Came in to say just this. He is done and it was obvious when they stopped calling pass plays. I feel like they have seen enough and he will be gone before the season starts, but will stay around as a camp arm until then unless someone comes available before then.

11 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I'm worried about Rhule at this point. The way that Brian Burns talked about him in that interview with Aquib Talib made it seem like the guys don't really respect him.

I think that's just Brian being candid and the fact that Rhule is a different type of coach from Ron.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, frankw said:

There's really no excuse in not having a plan for crowd noise though that's a lack of preparation. For all the talk of preseason reps being unnecessary for our starters that omission is not a good look for anyone.

Why would they waste time installing a silent count when they're literally still teaching these guys the basics?

It's two thrown-together units.

Silent counts and game planning is what you do when the real bullets start flying. 

8 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I think that's just Brian being candid and the fact that Rhule is a different type of coach from Ron.

He said that you can go to Ron and ask for advice because he 'played the game'.

Rivera is a soft player's coach. Rhule is a hardass. I don't care if he likes Rivera more and neither does Rhule as long as he does his job. 

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He said that you can go to Ron and ask for advice because he 'played the game'.

Rivera is a soft player's coach. Rhule is a hardass. I don't care if he likes Rivera more and neither does Rhule as long as he does his job. 

I think Burns was trying to say Rhule's more soft player coach then Ron...

You know since Ron played in the trenches...85 bears...

Rhule ain't impressing ne one with these coaches run if Slye makes it....

Edited by CPsinceDay1

2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Generally, I agree.  But I heard Rhule's comments on the postgame show.  He said they were running more when Grier was in because they were trying to ice the game.   I found that comment a little scary in that at no point in the second half were we really in a position to ice the game by running out the clock.  I looked it up, and Will Grier threw it ten times in the second half, compared to PJ's 21 times in the first half.   So it seems they really were trying to ice the game.  Hopefully you are right and they were just trying to practice that aspect, but it seems a strange thing to say and do.  But if they try to ice a real game with a one score lead in the fourth qtr, Rhule will be back coaching in college sooner rather than later. 

Don't get me wrong he was trying to win.  But as you saw the 3rd string couldn't pull it off.   So you are saying that if the coach told the 3rd string to go out there and hold our lead that somehow is a bad thing? 

It looked to me the were focused more in the run sure.  So?  We need to find a backup and they sure as hell couldn't run between the tackles in the first half so you get run, run, run until they get it in the second half.

If I have to explain the simple stuff here you guys are never going to understand  the sh*t that's about to go down this season. 

• Beer 2