• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers - Baltimore Ravens Joint Practice 1

Zod

12 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

The Dolphins, and especially Suh at the time, shat all over the Panthers during joint practices and how the Dolphins had to tone it back.  The Dolphins beat writers were quasi-crowning them during the practices on Twitter and talking about how the Panthers couldn't match the physicality...

Then a couple of months later Cam and the rest of the gang demolished them on MNF...

So yeah that absolutely happened

it's almost like, the 2015 Panthers used preseason to get all the kinks out and identify issues.....then went into the regular season more prepared.  Instead of using the first couple games of the regular season. 

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The D is going to go as far as our DL will carry it. There's more talent in the secondary now, but they're still very inexperienced.

This is basically what I expected. That was why I thought that this "top 10 defense" stuff was nonsense. That secondary is largely very, very inexperienced players. It's gonna take some time before they are elite.

12 minutes ago, Rags said:

y'all are a hoot

Not really. Comparing the Patriots organization who has won multiple super bowls and the 2015 panthers (who btw played their starters in preseason games) to the youngest squad in the nfl with a brand new qb learning a new system and who has struggled mightily in his first 3 years is the real hoot. The correct logic is these guys need real game day reps to continue to try to work the kinks out and gel. Padded practice scrimmages are different then live game day reps. This isn’t rocket science. The only starter who should sit is cmc. 

• Pie 2

I get that people want to look to the outlier that was the 2015 season as a comparison that anything can happen but that team had veteran leadership and a pretty close knit locker room. The young talent of this roster has the capability to reach that potential but this is not that team. The Panthers offense and secondary in particular need more reps together and saying so isn't saying they suck or they won't be good or that practice 100% defines a team. But why are we desperate to convince ourselves this does not matter at all when this franchise has had such little sustained success? Strive for more. This franchise has been bottom of the division two years running and they aren't going to reverse that by convincing themselves they don't need to put in work!

5 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Not really. Comparing the Patriots organization who has won multiple super bowls and the 2015 panthers (who btw played their starters in preseason games) to the youngest squad in the nfl with a brand new qb learning a new system and who has struggled mightily in his first 3 years is the real hoot. The correct logic is these guys need real game day reps to continue to try to work the kinks out and gel. Padded practice scrimmages are different then live game day reps. This isn’t rocket science. The only starter who should sit is cmc. 

Brody you just said the starters need to play the entire half.

in the 2nd preseason game.

Nah that's a hoot right there.

Newsflash - no matter what happens in TC and Preseason it will never match the intensity of actual stakes on the line Regular Season Football.

No matter what happens in camp, doesn't matter if Rhule had the starters play every down, we will still have kinks to work out, and we will still be the youngest team in the nfl.

10-15 snaps against the Colts/Ravens second team won't change that. 

Playing an entire half against their third stringers and bubble players absolutely won't.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Very informative...but a team that has a hard time selling their starting QB jersey says alot about fan support...which translates to ticket sells, etc...

Actually it is pretty simple. I won't buy a Darnold jersey just like I didn't buy a Bridgewater jersey last year. If he plays well then I would. But who wants to.pay a hundred dollars minimum for a jersey of a player who might be here longterm. My last one I bought was a  CMC and my next one will likely be a Chinn jersey. Then a Horn jersey. It isn't fan support so much as making sure I get good use out of any jersey I buy.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 7
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This is basically what I expected. That was why I thought that this "top 10 defense" stuff was nonsense. That secondary is largely very, very inexperienced players. It's gonna take some time before they are elite.

It takes a lot to go right to be top 10 and no way do we have the LBs to pull that off. We are definitely better than last year but then again we were terrible last year.

• Beer 1