• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Summary of Darnold's day

Zod

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think you need more data like how far is the average completion etc…  You can Teddy it and throw 2 yard passes to get a high completion rate and still end up punting/losing. While players like Cam didn’t break 60% often, he was pushing it downfield in our offense.

Will be interesting to see what happens this year…

Darnold’s intended air yards per pass attempt has dropped every season.  Darnold was at 7.7 this past season.   

Teddy Checkdown was at 7.1 IAY per PA last season.  Which was his highest.  Just using the NO/Car info.  Minny wasn’t listed. 

pretty comparable last season in terms of how far down the field they were averaging throws.  

• Pie 2

Just now, CRA said:

Darnold’s intended air yards per pass has dropped every season.  Darnold was at 7.7 this past season.   

Teddy Checkdown was at 7.1 IAY per PA last season.  Which was his highest. 

pretty comparable last season in terms of how far down the field they were averaging throws.  

All fair. Teddy had DJ, Robbie, Samuel and CMC (a few games, but he might actually lower the YPA number) with a better line, while Sam had not much…  Like you stated it’s going to be pretty telling this year.

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Darnold’s intended air yards per pass attempt has dropped every season.  Darnold was at 7.7 this past season.   

Teddy Checkdown was at 7.1 IAY per PA last season.  Which was his highest.  Just using the NO/Car info.  Minny wasn’t listed. 

I’ll add this simply because I was looking at all of it 

Out of legit starters, Tom Brady actually lead the league with the highest intended air yards per pas attempt at 9.1.  Guess the GOAT enjoyed having weapons.  

1 hour ago, NAS said:

I am not at all concerned with Darnold.  He's in a new system with a new team.  You all refuse to treat him like a rookie, but Rhule clearly is going to be patient with him.  

I am not freaking out about him in camp and practices but he is not a rookie. That narrative is completely ridiculous. 

If he is struggling 5-8 games into the season, there will be no "oh well we just have to wait for him to get some experience" people outside some of our true dolts. It's gonna be Teddy 2.0 treatment. 

As I said before training camp even started, none of this really matters for Darnold, good or bad. We will know what Darnold is when the bullets are flying in a real game. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

I think the only way the starters play is if Baltimore plays their starters. I dont think Rhule wants to give our 1s a false sense of dominance by beating up on the opposing teams 2s and 3s. 

That shouldn’t matter he needs reps no matter what. He needs to start and play one quarter. Last game he needs a half, idc who they playing he isn’t a superstar.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

Well Nick, he watched the plays so he would know what a receiver drop is and what isn't.   🙄

2 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

And to be clear, I'm not picking a fight, I'm simply defending the praise our Wrs were receiving all morning on Twitter...

Don't want any more warnings....

major-payne-sensitive.gif

Did you....actually reply to your OWN post?   😂

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I hope Darnold turns it around when the games start mattering. And everything I’m about to say will be moot.

But if Darnold flops I want the entire staff fired. The fact they didn’t bring in another starting caliber option behind a known flop of a QB is massively unacceptable. Drafting a CB over Justin Fields when you have a known loser at QB was so dumb. 

So you hope Sam turns it around on one hand, then call him a loser on the other.    Maybe you can get NFL Sunday Ticket (Or whatever it's called these days) where you could watch Chicago Bears games and root for Fields?  🤨

1 hour ago, shaqattaq said:

I think we're all mostly reacting to Nick Carboni's opinion rather than what Coach actually said. Rhule said a couple of big throws were dropped, which was documented in the tweets from both teams' media. 19 of 36 is 53%. Fix a couple of the drops and you're back in the 60% range that is wholly acceptable, if not ideal. Rhule also says that Sam has done a good job "in camp", not just today. This may just be another case of the media trying to create drama where there isn't any.

I think the real drama is here at the Huddle, tbh. 

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

I have a lot more confidence in our WRs than I do in Sam Darnold. They may have had a rough day as a unit, but Moore and Anderson are proven NFL commodities. Marshall is a talented rookie. Smith is a promising rookie. If Darnold doesn't deliver this season, I highly doubt it'll be because of our WR corps.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Yeah the coddling has officially gotten out of hand. Darnold is unproven and needs to be a leader of men not treated like he's still in pampers. You can publicly trash your receivers only so many times before it has a negative effect on the locker room.

Multiple journalists who were actually at the practice say the receivers had a bad day...

Random fan who was nowhere near the practice and had no access to it says the coach is just coddling the quarterback...

Who to believe... 🤔

• Beer 3
  • Flames 1

50 minutes ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

I joined this site during the offseason, so I haven’t been through a season on here. But holy crap, some of you are over emotional nut jobs. My wife is more rational/knowledgeable about Panthers football and she still thinks Cam is our QB. 

you will be even more amazed the first time you are in a game thread. It's comical.

• Pie 3