• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers - Baltimore Ravens Joint Practice 2

Zod

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It is what it is. If he is really that fragile nothing we do will help it. They also probably acknowledge he is the only chance at all we have at being successful. PJ and Grier aren't going to be leading us to anywhere but a top 10 pick. 

If they just don't trust the OL to protect him unless they are at 100% well.....also probably fuged.

True. Whatever the future holds for the upcoming season it's probably safe to say though Erving isn't going to be the answer. For all my concerns I am emphatic about that the most. We need to decide who the LT is going to be like asap. It's becoming comical at this point.

• Pie 1

Just now, frankw said:

True. Whatever the future holds for the upcoming season it's probably safe to say though Erving isn't going to be the answer. For all my concerns I am emphatic about that the most. We need to decide who the LT is going to be like asap. It's becoming comical at this point.

I think Moton to LT is basically inevitable. The question will be who gets the most starts at RT.

It's funny, I predicted the max starts for a player at LT would be 8 games but it actually might be RT that sees all the shuffling to replace Moton.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

why do I get this distinct feeling that multiple users in this thread are being managed by a single person?

Tis always been as such. The Huddle is a mysterious and whimsical place.

Seriously though. The crop of alts that come to generate clicks during the offseason get weaker every year. Must be writer's block or something.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

why do I get this distinct feeling that multiple users in this thread are being managed by a single person?

They need to make sure they pie me with each of the accounts.

~1,000 points until the next level ᕦ(ò_óˇ)

• Pie 4

11 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

One of my least favorite panthers of all time. Jesus he was awful. 

I had tried to block it out of my mind... wasn't he the one who gave up that ridiculous pass Matt Ryan lofted up at the end of the game and all he had to do was not get beat deep for us to win?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

Here's the thing... who do you feel more confident blocking Carl Lawson (who has had a great camp and is along with Burns one of the most underrated edge rushers in the league) with in week 1?

And Cam Jordan in week 2?

And JPP/Shaq Barrett/Chase Young/Mathew Judon/Jerry Hughes/etc in the following weeks?

We've got some really good pass rushers on the schedule this year... Cam Erving ain't the guy that will get it done

The only solution IMO is to put Moton at LT or trade for someone else

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

One of my least favorite panthers of all time. Jesus he was awful. 

We tried so hard to convince ourselves he was going to be a great signing. Got to sit and learn behind Ed Reed. He's a starting caliber player, he's just been buried behind a future HOFer.

Then he hit the field for us...

ryantd.gif&f=1&nofb=1

No exaggeration, he may have had the worst ball skills of any NFL DB I've ever seen.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

48 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's basically that but they need to pull it back the last this thing locker room needs is it carrying over into the regular season. Once the opener is here it's Darnold's job and his team as the QB1. The head coach can't be holding his hand like it's his first day at school 🤷‍♂️

Once the regular season starts I definitely dont think there will be any worry about protecting Darnold.  Training camp and preseason is a totally different thing than the regular season and he will basically get one make or break season most likely.  Darnold has even acknowledged that.

2 minutes ago, Icege said:

Say what you will about Nakamura, but when he shoulder threw the opponent that was behind him like it was the god damn OIympics judo finals I laughed my entire ass off

I mean, yeah, but that was quite literally the only good thing he ever did. 

53 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

A lot of you are accusing the coaching staff of coddling Darnold.

New Team:  Darnold has a new team this year.

Offensive Line:  The Left side of the OL is under construction. OLs take time to gel--think of the OL like your hand--no, the other one--and imagine if you got 2 new fingers.  Oh, and your job was sign language.  See my point?

Depth at QB:  We dont have a competition at QB in camp.  No need to put up huge numbers in camp.  No need to dazzle fans in August.  If Darnold goes down, we all go with him.  Instead of risking injury or damage to his confidence playing behind a three-fingered OL to pass to wounded warrior WRs, why chance it?  What do you want to see in August?

Throwing a lot of logic out there for the Huddle to digest MHS…

Love to hear about Nixon.  He was one of my favorite picks of the draft.  Got him in the 5th (iirc) and many analysts said he had 1st or 2nd round talent, but his drop was more over concerns about his dedication to the game/personality.  Athletically, he is a beast.  And after what we saw from Hoskins last week, I think we are absolutely stacked on that front 4.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1