• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The DBO Sign

Mr. Scot

38 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I want to believe in Slye, but there's been just too many misses.

I get why coaches love the potential... I was at TC and the ball sounds like a rocket leaving his foot... he really does have elite level power for a kicker

But at the end of the day, what does being able to hit a miracle 65 yarder matter when you can't consistently hit the 35-40 yard ones

Not to mention that he literally doesn't ever make those insanely long kicks anyway. Having the leg to do it doesn't matter at all if you can't aim it accurately.

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I mean we have a 12-page thread based on a single tweet about Darnold going 19 of 36 lol.

People on fan boards like to complain and panic given the opportunity. Not surprised there's not 12 pages reacting to the defense performing as you would expect it to...

all-part-of-the-plan-joker.gif

• Beer 1

The DBO thing is very cheesy. I don't think it really matters much in terms of positive or negative impacts. It's just cheesy.

If it actually worked, I am down for whatever cheesy gimmick they can come up with. If it doesn't work it just makes them look kind of goofy. I don't care about that. I care about winning.

13 minutes ago, Captroop said:

People on fan boards like to complain and panic given the opportunity. Not surprised there's not 12 pages reacting to the defense performing as you would expect it to...

all-part-of-the-plan-joker.gif

Oh yeah I ain’t surprised at all, nor am I even complaining or upset by it. I thought it was more funny than anything.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let me throw in this question...

Do you have an alternative idea to punish dumb mistakes, or would you just stick to good old fashioned "wrath of coach"?

I think dumb mistakes punish themselves at this level. Perfection is because of practice where you screw up. You screw up in live action you get benched or released.

1 hour ago, Devil Doc said:

I feel the Defense and Offense need a DBO sticker on the helmet everytime they have to touch the sign. 

Kinda like college in reverse😁. Y'all know how they put stickers on your helmet for great plays?!

Edited by top dawg

18 minutes ago, Snake said:

I think dumb mistakes punish themselves at this level. Perfection is because of practice where you screw up. You screw up in live action you get benched or released.

if a NFL player keeps screwing up in camp.  I think the best punishment is too send him to the sidelines and let all the guys who are dying for reps take his for awhile.  And then you keep sending him back to the sidelines.  Best "punishement".....is the threat of losing your job and your professional stock taking hits IMO.  

It's professional sports.   And you are dealing with a bunch of grown men who for most part know what a business oriented world it actually is in the NFL.   Most know exactly how disposable they are and can be treated.   The overwhelming majority of the league isn't CMC.   

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen a fair amount of discussion about this particular coaching tactic, with some liking it and others thinking it's dumb and ineffective.

What's the verdict?

You know it may sound trivial but I like it.  It's embarassing that a pro player has to run a lap but it takes them back to a time where you need to concentrate on what you are doing. 

These guys get paid to play but sometimes they forget the fundementals. 

I love it. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let me throw in this question...

Do you have an alternative idea to punish dumb mistakes, or would you just stick to good old fashioned "wrath of coach"?

i mean honestly it really just sounds like his version of doing a lap

it's a sign and the teams slogan. who really cares?