• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grier or PJ

24 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Funny how the huddle was all over PJ's nuts last week, this week PJ is expendable. xD

Grier looked like crap last week, look meh this week. 

I don't care who stays as long as they are the tallest midget i suppose. You can't keep 3 QB's. 

Meh?

Grier looked pretty damn good last night 

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

You going off of last night or last week's game?

I’m going off of all of it. 

PJ is 11/29 in the preseason. That’s 38% completion %.

Will is 17/24 that’s 70%.

PJ threw 1TD and 5INTs in 6 quarters last year. He beat a Lions team that was worse than us when our defense balled out.

Grier played as a rookie under Scott Turner and Perry Fewell 3 years ago.

PJ may have been good in the 3 or 4 games in the XFL but the XFL was a joke, this is the NFL.

Grier was even better in college.

Theres a reason PJ went undrafted and sat on the Colts practice squad. Had he not balled out with all the other cast always in the XFL and had Matt Rhule to give him a job, he wouldn’t be employed. 

Not saying Grier is great, but he’s better than PJ and fits our Offense better.

550B8FA2-9929-4F8E-8541-F5A49D98C41A.jpeg

22A96C3E-03C3-425E-82F9-E942EEC0DD41.jpeg

• Pie 1

We're not a Super Bowl team. We're a fringe playoff team at best this year. Our backup QB is irrelevant.

Don't hate either of these guys, but Grier looked better this week running the 2nd team. He also completes a high % of passes, which helps keep drives alive. 

PJ Walker. I don't know why yall would even ask this question, these people are determined to not like pj walker so off rip there will be bias answers. Crazy part is, they don't even like Grier either, they just pretend to because they think it spites pj walker.

weird behavior.

4 hours ago, Madwolf said:

We're not a Super Bowl team. We're a fringe playoff team at best this year. Our backup QB is irrelevant.

Don't hate either of these guys, but Grier looked better this week running the 2nd team. He also completes a high % of passes, which helps keep drives alive. 

Grier did a bunch of check downs, and did not score. That does not keep drives alive, yes PJ has his flaws, but PJ would get the job done in a more efficient way.

5 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

I’m going off of all of it. 

PJ is 11/29 in the preseason. That’s 38% completion %.

Will is 17/24 that’s 70%.

PJ threw 1TD and 5INTs in 6 quarters last year. He beat a Lions team that was worse than us when our defense balled out.

Grier played as a rookie under Scott Turner and Perry Fewell 3 years ago.

PJ may have been good in the 3 or 4 games in the XFL but the XFL was a joke, this is the NFL.

Grier was even better in college.

Theres a reason PJ went undrafted and sat on the Colts practice squad. Had he not balled out with all the other cast always in the XFL and had Matt Rhule to give him a job, he wouldn’t be employed. 

Not saying Grier is great, but he’s better than PJ and fits our Offense better.

550B8FA2-9929-4F8E-8541-F5A49D98C41A.jpeg

22A96C3E-03C3-425E-82F9-E942EEC0DD41.jpeg

If the XFL was a joke, how come over 25 XFL players were signed to NFL teams? most notably Kenny Robinson, Donald Parham who now plays for the Chargers as a tight end. 

its not hard to complete 70% when 60% percent of those passes were checkdowns. Context.

6 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Funny how the huddle was all over PJ's nuts last week, this week PJ is expendable. xD

Grier looked like crap last week, look meh this week. 

I don't care who stays as long as they are the tallest midget i suppose. You can't keep 3 QB's. 

Probably has a lot to do with who was around them.  We have looked bad in the second half both games.  Haven't checked the snap counts, but I hope its because our third stringers aren't good.

1 hour ago, Tinamedina said:

PJ Walker. I don't know why yall would even ask this question, these people are determined to not like pj walker so off rip there will be bias answers. Crazy part is, they don't even like Grier either, they just pretend to because they think it spites pj walker.

weird behavior.

I don't think that's the case at all.  PJ against the Colts was throwing consistently inconsistent.  Against a #1 defense those throws are INTs.  Just like his performance against Detroit last year.

PJ has a cannon and I love the zip on his throws but if they are that far off target those are picks against a good defense.

Grier, when given time to throw, throws a much better pass.

It's about 50/50 here.  Don't hate because 100% is not behind PJ.

I still believe we bring in a veteran to back up Darnold and Grier will be #3.