• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grier or PJ

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

PJ seems to be more electric but Grier didn't hurt himself with the 2s. 

Difference in style...

Grier was more like the steady guy who isn't very exciting but also doesn't make huge mistakes. Walker is the guy who makes a load of bad plays but every once in a while gets a big play... including some for the other team.

• Beer 3

Neither and both, for another season at least.   I seriously doubt they will find an upgrade this late in the year. So it's ride or die with this rag tag lot.

As for the future?  It obviously will come in the draft or via another trade if it's not on the roster already.  I feel confident that Fitts will not stop looking until one is found that's for sure.  Let's all hope there is something in Sam that the rest of have failed to see because team sure believes that something is there.

I'm getting drunk either way. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Neither and both, for another season at least.   I seriously doubt they will find an upgrade this late in the year. So it's ride or die with this rag tag lot.

Off the street? Probably not but sometimes final cuts offer up a surprise.

If they really want to improve, the best option is probably to offer a trade of a lower round pick for somebody like Jacob Eason.

• Beer 1

I'd say Grier. I feel like it's easier for a QB in that mold to step in for a stretch of games. PJ is nothing like the QB we're scheming for. The Ravens showes last night that it helps to have a backup who's basically an inferior version of your starter. 

I'd say keep Grier, and bring in a journeyman backup. 

I'm erring towards Grier mainly because in comparable situations, Grier looked better than PJ (basically what Gantt said). I mean we all assumed it was just coachspeak that Grier was improving his game but maybe he really did. He was atrocious his rookie year but that was 2 years ago. And he didn't look good in preseason game 1 but he was playing with players that have no business on an nfl roster and still looked better than PJ last night. Not crazy to think he refined his game a little since his rookie year. He was actually good yesterday. Not talking about a qb controversy and we're still screwed if he has to start for us, but I feel better about his ability to turn into a possibly usable backup which I couldn't say before yesterday.

• Beer 1