• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

1 minute ago, SpeedOFLight said:

Happy for Robbie. I’m glad he is in our team and has become one of my favor players. People worry too much about salary stuff for the future. That’s not my job. It’s the GM’s job.

I think the issue is that our past GM's have had a little trouble with this stuff. But I think our NEW FO is doing just fine

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, joemac said:

We will still have plenty of money available next off season to sign a top flight LT if one somehow became available.  Have you seen how much cap space we have projected coming up the next couple of years?  And that is all before the NFL raises the cap dramatically, as is projected.  I know its foreign around here to have a lot of flexibility and cap space, but this is a new regime and they actually seem to understand how to work the salary cap.  

Really? How much do they have that makes them flexible. Especially if a QB is still needed(on top of Darnolds 19M), OL is still a mess, DJax needs signed or replaced, Shaqs contract. And DJ Moore is going to want paid pretty quick after this. 

2 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I think the issue is that our past GM's have had a little trouble with this stuff. But I think our NEW FO is doing just fine

Besides 80-100M of wasted money in 2020, they signed two OL(14M guaranteed) no one wanted, and guaranteed Darnold 19M for no reason at all. Wouldn’t call that just fine. 

• Flames 1

This is a good deal. The same people saying he didn't want to be here are the ones who have now pivoted to "Now DJ is as good as gone!" and were the same ones complaining about DJ's lack of TDs all during last season and hoping out loud that we didn't extend him for something crazy. LOL.

Side note: If I didn't already know that Harbingers is the failson of a corrupt union executive, I would have sworn he was that cop who Robbie told "I'm gonna fug your wife and nut in her eye." Legend. 

• Pie 1

We've got 25 million in cap space this year, after the Robby signing.  Next year we're projected to have 35 mil in space, before any roll overs of the current balance.  2023 is where things get really fun, as of right now we have 154 million dollars in cap space.  I think we will be OK. 

• Pie 2

Pretty much what I  a few days ago.  Look at the WR group as a whole.

Marshall will be cheap for the next 4.  

Moore, even with an extension, will be relatively cheap for the next 2-3 years. Even is he signs a mega deal it will be somewhat backloaded like they always are. 

WRs 4-5-6 will be cheap vets or rookies on cheap deals.

By the time Moore’s cap hits are large Robbys contract will be over.  Same with Marshall, by the time you have to pay him Robby will be gone.

Overall WR cap hit for the entire team won’t be too bad for the next 2-4 years, but at the same time the team has some stability there.

Also if by the small chance we don’t reach a deal with DJ you have stability of knowing you have Robby for a few more years, especially is Marshall plays good.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Really? How much do they have that makes them flexible. Especially if a QB is still needed(on top of Darnolds 19M), OL is still a mess, DJax needs signed or replaced, Shaqs contract. And DJ Moore is going to want paid pretty quick after this. 

lol at the Shaq comment. His reworked deal allows us to save 12mil cap space if we cut him post 6/1 next year... 

OL isnt a mess... far from it. It's middle of the road and a player away from being solid. Replacing D-Jax wont cost us a dime, bc it will most likely be who is already on the roster or another draft pick. We have almost 40 million in free cap space heading into next year... We are pretty flexible.

There is no need to be a Karen.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

We've got 25 million in cap space this year, after the Robby signing.  Next year we're projected to have 35 mil in space, before any roll overs of the current balance.  2023 is where things get really fun, as of right now we have 154 million dollars in cap space.  I think we will be OK. 

So tepper is cheap? That’s what you are saying? 

• Poo 2