• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

7 minutes ago, joemac said:

I already pretty much posted it.  Now that I look back at it, im not 100% sure that Robbys new deal has been factored in yet, but even if it has not, this year we have 20-24 million left.  Next year around 30, before the roll over from this year.  Year after that is between 145-155 million. We're in great shape with the cap any way you slice it. Another amazing draft or 2 from Fitt-Dawg and we will be in the drivers seat in the NFC. 

See…that’s my bad. I was speaking of reality. How do you still have 30M with at least 25M to account for over two years. Is he going to have a 5M cap hit in 2022? And every move made during this year takes off the 20M you want to rollover. 

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

3DFC0DA7-E2DB-46FB-AD3A-07DF3B617863.gif.1831c7d1d6f81c25d61499c3feb08329.gif

Lol. Nah, man. Not only does he probably want nothing to do with moving to the East Coast but our team is not in win now mode. He'd be far, far better off staying in Green Bay for the remainder of his career. 

We aren't going to be attractive to that kind of QB at that stage in their career until we can build a team and have some prolonged success. 

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

See…that’s my bad. I was speaking of reality. How do you still have 30M with at least 25M to account for over two years. Is he going to have a 5M cap hit in 2022? And every move made during this year takes off the 20M you want to rollover. 

OK.  Let me break it down for you.

We currently have almost 25 million in cap space for 2021.  Robby's new deal adds 4 million to his salary this year.  So, lets say that takes us to 20.  I have no idea if we make any more big signings this year or not.  For conversations sake, lets say we don't.  So we roll that 20 mil into next year, of which we now have 35 million.  So, that leaves us at 55 million in cap space for next year.  Robbys next deal is for 13 mil next year.  That takes us to 42 million in cap space as we sit today.  The following year we currently have 155 million in cap space.  Take away the 12 guaranteed to Robby and that leaves us at 143 million.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, joemac said:

OK.  Let me break it down for you.

We currently have almost 25 million in cap space for 2021.  Robby's new deal adds 4 million to his salary this year.  So, lets say that takes us to 20.  I have no idea if we make any more big signings this year or not.  For conversations sake, lets say we don't.  So we roll that 20 mil into next year, of which we now have 35 million.  So, that leaves us at 55 million in cap space for next year.  Robbys next deal is for 13 mil next year.  That takes us to 42 million in cap space as we sit today.  The following year we currently have 155 million in cap space.  Take away the 12 guaranteed to Robby and that leaves us at 143 million.  

You don’t have to make any big signings. Just adding needed players costs money. If a player goes on IR, he has to be replaced. Or cut. 

And now those are much more accurate than what you posted before. They had more than that this year. What came of that? Lot of holes to fill with just 42M and no 2nd rounder. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

You don’t have to make any big signings. Just adding needed players costs money. If a player goes on IR, he has to be replaced. Or cut. 

And now those are much more accurate than what you posted before. They had more than that this year. What came of that? Lot of holes to fill with just 42M and no 2nd rounder. 

I mean.....$42 mil is a lot to work with. Not to mention we will likely cut some fat next year, as well. I don't expect you will see us spend wildly in free agency for a bit. Doesn't make much sense now or next year.

I don't think some understand that we had about 25M in Cap left for this year. That was with Robby's previous 2yr contract. This extention only added about 4M to to what his previous Cap hit was for this year. That is where we still see a rollover of approx. 20M into next years CAP (barring any other moves *eye emoji*). 

• Pie 1

Decent deal for Robby - as long as he produces it will probably become a very solid deal. 

We still have $$ for DJ and will sign him unless he drops off a cliff.

Like what Fitts has brought to the table.  He is doing a pretty good job so far, except for bringing in a kicker to compete with Slye.

22 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Lol. Nah, man. Not only does he probably want nothing to do with moving to the East Coast but our team is not in win now mode. He'd be far, far better off staying in Green Bay for the remainder of his career. 

We aren't going to be attractive to that kind of QB at that stage in their career until we can build a team and have some prolonged success. 

I wouldn't be so sure. Give it the season and see where we are. We are becoming pretty stacked at the right positions for a premier QB to step into. 

4 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Give it the season and see where we are. We are becoming pretty stacked at the right positions for a premier QB to step into. 

We are currently a Rebuilding Team. Even if we made the playoffs this year, that doesn't make us a contender. One year doesn't make us a  perennial playoff team either. If Sam isn't the guy I fully expect us to draft a QB.

Edited by CarolinaLivin
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

All you have to do is look at that OL and that tells the story. And we are a very young team. That isn't the way most veteran players want to go out. It's nice to think about but probably a 0.0001% probability. 

Not to mention, why do we want to have a $35-45 mil/year short term QB soaking up cap while we are trying to build a roster?

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

What do you think I was trying to prove? 

That since Samuel makes 12.5m a season and Robby makes 15m that we overpaid Robby?  Robby is a much more proven wide receiver.  The fact that its only 2.5m more a year than Samuel got to me says we got a good deal on Robby.

• Pie 1