• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are trading LB Denzel Perryman to the Las Vegas Raiders

AndrewLaskoski

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Summarizing what trading MLB Denzel Perryman and a 7th-round 2022 pick to the Raiders for a 2022 sixth-round pick means for the Panthers: X Perryman, who barely had been on the field in camp due to a hip flexer, had lost the starting job to Jermaine Carter Jr. Coach Matt Rhule was emphatic on Wednesday Carter was the starter. X Carolina clears $990,000 from its 2021 cap and $3,010,000 in 2022. X This becomes a big contract year for Carter,26, in the last year of his rookie deal.

9 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Don't be surprised if the team keeps Clay Johnston over Bynes

I like when Juan is non-trollin and has a hardcore take.

I agree Clay is a Baylor bro and came back healthy, maybe he showed enough....I thought he did fine and looked winded, but that can be fixed. 

I forgot to add and perryman, felt like a Apple deal. The never could get "healthy" enough to play. The "always something is hurting" type....Like 99% of the staff the head trainer came form Baylor and hes super loyal to Rhule. Those trainers know when players are fakes, only one thats very hard to make is hamstring/back/toe.....ugh three then are hard to truly fake..

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You don't always win when you gamble.  As long as they win more gambles than they lose we will be fine.  So far the gambles have been small ones that do not cripple the team if it doesn't pan out.  I have no complaints. 

17 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Anyone else we can afford to trade will be another 5th or 6th, maybe one of these WR's

I'm just being hyperbolic.

But, I do think we could be in position to capitalize on the home-grown talent next year and target 2 OLs and a QB to make a real run at things.  (Barring Sam's development/ordeal)

• Beer 1