• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Pittsburgh Steelers at Carolina Panthers Gameday Thread

Zod

1 minute ago, Madwolf said:

Yeah, anyone crapping on Grier for that series is jumping the gun. The screen wasn't his fault, and the 3rd and long as a prayer, yet he still got it to his guy where only he could get it. Wasn't complete, but we actually had a shot at a completion there.

WR got his hands on it and didn't come down with it.. that's what I saw.

1 minute ago, Madwolf said:

Yeah, anyone crapping on Grier for that series is jumping the gun. The screen wasn't his fault, and the 3rd and long as a prayer, yet he still got it to his guy where only he could get it. Wasn't complete, but we actually had a shot at a completion there.

Stop making excuses for him.  He has gotten a free ride here and has never done scratch.

6 hours ago, Genot said:

This is to let you know, im a Jet fan, member of Jet Nation, wishing Sam the best in Carolina. Wanted the Jet's to keep Sam and draft Pitts, and hopefully gathering a few more picks. Been at war with Jet nation board members as to why Sam failed there.

I even think some JN moderators are out here.....  🙂 

3 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

Yep, and that was my biggest concern with the trade as well. I mean, I'm not sure if he was going to be an asset or not, but it still felt a little bad. Even if the trade itself was good, losing a LBer with any sort of ability is concerning for this team.

The writing was on the wall when he refused to get vaccinated - personal choice or not, that was incredibly selfish considering the rules this year that you're liable if you have a COVID outbreak and unvaccinated players on your roster.

Just now, Pantha-kun said:

WR got his hands on it and didn't come down with it.. that's what I saw.

I mean it was very high, and the WR did get his hands on it, but those are tough to pull down, especially for the guy who just suffered a horrible injury in practice that got a safety removed from the team.

I don't think either are to blame for "not getting it done there." I think they did the best they can. The percentages were low, but they both gave us a shot to get it done.

Every incompletion, and failed drive isn't a failure in itself. Sometimes the odds are low, and everything goes right and you still don't get it.