• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

YOU'RE ALLOWED TO BRING BACK TWO PANTHERS IN THEIR PRIME TO THIS YEARS TEAM... WHO AND WHY?

TheBigKat

22 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I mean legitimate reasons, Cam played with coaches with that same mindset. Jake had 1/4 the talent Cam had. 

I think Jake was a better passer. Cam had a stronger arm.

I think Jake had more clutch ability. If we were within a score at the end of the game he would win it or put us in a position to win including that beautiful 90 plus yard drive with less than 3 minutes left in the Superbowl. 

Look if you grew up with Cam it's a very good reason why you may idolize him.

I was already a grown man when the Panthers came along. I'd drive to Clemson from Raleigh to see them. I've seen all of our QBs.

10 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I think Jake had more clutch ability. If we were within a score at the end of the game he would win it or put us in a position to win including that beautiful 90 plus yard drive with less than 3 minutes left in the Superbowl. 

I was already a grown man when the Panthers came along. I'd drive to Clemson from Raleigh to see them. I've seen all of our QBs.

More clutch?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/31017/overlooked-cam-newton-as-clutch-as-brady-rodgers-and-brees%3fplatform=amp

Cam Newton, Christian McCaffrey, Robby Anderson, DJ Moore, Dan Arnold, Terrace Marshall . . . I'm not sure I can name a better offensive skill group ever.  Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Az-Azhir Hakim, Ricky Proehl maybe?

Toss in Jordan Gross at LT and hand us the next three Lombardis.

35 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I was as well and I watched Jake play long before Cam. 

Jake was a career 59% completion guy, Cam was at 60% its a wash, Jake had zero in the rushing department.

Its cool you like Jake because reasons, but the reasons are not because he was better than Cam in his prime at anything.

Cam and Gross, but I feel like Cam is an unfair pick all things considered since the mix of positional weakness and what we have makes him such an easy pick.  If we exclude Cam it becomes more interesting, just because then its a question of Gross + Kalil, or Gross + Luke, or even Jake + Gross?

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I was as well and I watched Jake play long before Cam. 

Jake was a career 59% completion guy, Cam was at 60% its a wash, Jake had zero in the rushing department.

Its cool you like Jake because reasons, but the reasons are not because he was better than Cam in his prime at anything.

That's not even an honest discussion. Peak Cam was so much better than peak Jake. That's like comparing Pat Mahomes to Andy Dalton.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1