• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Trade Incoming! Bills trading DE Darryl Johnson to Carolina!

joemac

13 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I think he was brought here b/c he showed ability to pass rush on obvious passing downs from the inside, something it seems they were looking for.  Right now, the best guys are YGM and Morgan Fox.

We have the big body guys like Brown, Jones, Roy, & Nixon and smaller, faster Edge guys like Burns, Haynes, Reddick, etc. that aren't big enough for interior pass rushing.

At least that's what I think reading the tea leaves.

Darryl Johnson is supposedly very good on ST also

I guess if we can’t score tds on offense we got to try and score them on special teams. 

8 minutes ago, davos said:

I mean, he could work out nicely so let's go!

The whole Elflein and Erving still rubs me the wrong way.  I feel like we could have curated a much better OL than we did but I can't complain much with the rest of the roster and what they've done.  

We haven't seen Erving and Elflein (he should play C) in action, but we're still crucifying them.

Crazy.  

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

We may end up with no picks in 2022 at this rate

Meh... just used the draft pick we got from the Raiders for Perryman to get Johnson... net zero in gained or lost draft picks

Only real hole we have in next year's draft after all the wheeling and dealing Fitterer has done is the 2nd next year for Darnold

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I agree with a lot of your posts, but respectfully, you are in left field on this... 

Haynes was solid last year (5.5 sacks which was 2nd on the team) and has had an excellent TC and preseason.  He is going to get substantial playing time this year.

This move is bad news for Christian Miller/ maybe Phil Hoskins...

Haynes will 100% make this roster

Possibly as an OLB in 3-4 sets, but this move was to get more beef on the edge.

2 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Meh... just used the draft pick we got from the Raiders for Perryman to get Johnson... net zero in gained or lost draft picks

Only real hole we have in next year's draft after all the wheeling and dealing Fitterer has done is the 2nd next year for Darnold

Expect a first round trade down to re coup that

• Pie 3

Conspiracy Theory sorta:  The offense has been focused on hybrids--Ricci and Cannon (Erving, Christensen, Elflein, etc, too).  Maybe the plan is to keep fewer offensive players (9 OL, 5 WRs, No real FB---Ricci + Arnold and Tremble at TE, Cannon as the third RB, 6th WR)....maybe we keep 24 Offensive players and 26 defensive players. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I'm indifferent to this move... I assume there is a need that us arm-chair GMs don't see.

With that said - this arm-chair GM wishes it had been a OT.  I see that Greg Little not only is going to make the Miami roster but may start...  Hoping we don't end up looking stupid there. 

• Pie 1