• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther's cuts

Captain Obvious

5 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Not really.  And it feels like all of the rookies should make it except maybe Fletcher.  Might be some slight grumbling if Hoskins or Nixon are let go.  I really hope we hang onto them all, again, outside of whoever wins the Fletcher/Jansen battle, I would be disappointed if we let one of them go bc they all had moments.

Bayless seemed like he was on his way to being a camp star, but whether it was poor reporting or him just falling off, he just didn't seem to sustain the momentum.  Shi Smith should be a lock after RA, DJ, TMJ, and D. Moore, and I think after them the last spot goes to either Saunders or Zylstra.  

Yeah, the more I type, the more I realize we already seem to have a good grasp on who makes it and/or are less invested because the reporting was so sparse in TC, so I'll stop now.😂

I know in the Hurney days draft picks for the most part were always apart of the 53.  Hurney never wanted to admit he was wrong about a player. 

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, I learned something today. There was a guy named "Aaron Monteiro" in the NFL and evidently he was on the Panthers' roster.

Camp video kept popping up of him getting absolutely toasted at LT and RT. It looked like my old ass out there trying to block Burns and Reddick.

35 minutes ago, trueblade said:

That's fair.

He you go, from August 4th. Even then we were calling him a 'camp body'.

Ha yeah sorry, I was just trying to be “witty” or something. I was aware of Monteiro cause he got a lot of playing time in the first preseason game and IIRC, he graded out really well in run blocking that game. Pass blocking, clearly not so much…

• Pie 1