• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut Will Grier - PJ Wins backup QB spot

Zod

19 hours ago, CRA said:

you hope he is.  which is fine. 

but he is most definitely a fringe starter at this moment and Rhule doesn't want a to deal w/ what a Menshew type brings.   

Fanbases dramatize everything (that isn't unique to the huddle).  So does the media.   

What exactly is a "fringe starter"?

I thought a Starter was a Starter.   🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

^^^^^ ....so....I am guessing, CRA, that you don't know what a fringe starter is then?     

The silence does not answer any questions, man. 

My bad.  It’s pretty easy.  

a fringe starter, the way I define it, is someone that isn’t very good but can earn a starting role on a team that doesn’t really have much at the position or finds themselves in a bad spot. 

take our LT as an example.  He is a fringe starter.  You put him on 32 other rosters….and he is a backup on the vast majority of them.   But he starts for us.  How long?  Who knows.  

Give all 32 teams Sam.  How many would start him over their QB?  Maybe 1? Hou?  

Now,  maybe Sam can develop into something better. That is the goal and plan.  But he is what he is present day. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, parker said:

I just saw a video that said, "Will Greir Highlights. Welcome to Dallas."  I didn't watch it because I didn't want to waste 3 seconds.

I just peaked at it and it's all his incompletions and sacks LOL. James Morgan's week 3 preseason game starting at around 4 minutes is better than anything Grier could compile from the last couple years

• Pie 1