• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

Just now, Zod said:

my lord this was on twitter

E-IFYaLWYAInCQY.jpg

Yep.  

Cheap shot from a keyboard warrior  

I think it was immensely stupid for him to not get vaccinated   He isn’t the only high pro player who is going to be cut for vaccination status.  Of course he had other issues as well (physical decline of course and high maintenance)but that didn’t help 

• Poo 2

15 minutes ago, t96 said:

Jones does and will suck ass. But Cam was never the answer for the Pats, Belichick had to do something at QB and as soon as he drafted Jones that high it was just a matter of time before he was starting.

I hate Belichick too but I think he did Cam a favor. It's not all that unlikely that Bill told Cam he was going to be the backup and Cam asked to be released. It's MUCH better than being traded to some sh*thole situation that he didn't want to go to.

15 minutes ago, t96 said:

Jones does and will suck ass. But Cam was never the answer for the Pats, Belichick had to do something at QB and as soon as he drafted Jones that high it was just a matter of time before he was starting.

I hate Belichick too but I think he did Cam a favor. It's not all that unlikely that Bill told Cam he was going to be the backup and Cam asked to be released. It's MUCH better than being traded to some sh*thole situation that he didn't want to go to.

Jones is a player

• Pie 1

It would be a dream, but I just don't see them doing it.  I get the sense that Fit and Rhule don't want to being in anyone that would unsettle or threaten Darnold's spot as the starter this season.  

Someone else said it in the other thread, but Washington seems like the spot that makes the most sense for Cam...  he could actually start there this season.  If the politics weren't in the way, I still say he is a better QB as-is, right now, than Darnold, and I would hand him the job immediately if we brought him back...  but I just don't see this staff admitting that was a mistake in letting him go in the first place.

• Pie 1

If anyone thinks PJ Walker gives this team the best chance to win they need a lobotomy

We are also heading into a season of unknown with Darnold

You bring Cam back as a backup and stop with the drama of "will he accept"? We/Carolina need to accept that he is still honestly better than Darnold and with these weapons he can be downright nasty

Peppers flat out left because he wanted a bigger market, Moose went after the top money. If those legends can come back to Carolina and contribute, there's no reasoning Newton who was released can't come home

Flame away but NFL is a business about winning, Cam returning to this organization in some capacity gives this team a better chance at WINNING

• Poo 3

8 minutes ago, NAS said:

If I was Cam, I would retire before playing on that horrible team

TEXANS Last 10 Years:

6 AFC South wins...7 winning seasons...6 playoff berths, 4 playoff wins...4 back-to-back winnings seasons...winning record 3 of last 5 years.

PANTHERS Last 10 Years:

3 NFC South wins (one w/ losing record 🤦‍♂️)...3 winning seasons...4 playoff berths, 3 playoff wins...0 back-to-back winning seasons (ever)...losing record 4 of last 5 years.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yep.  

Cheap shot from a keyboard warrior  

I think it was immensely stupid for him to not get vaccinated   He isn’t the only high pro player who is going to be cut for vaccination status.  Of course he had other issues as well (physical decline of course and high maintenance)but that didn’t help 

Say what you will about Cam, but toughness is not an issue

cam is one of the toughest guys to play in the league