• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule's Interview Post-Cut Down

davos

15 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

It sort of goes without saying that he’s here as long as Rhule is here. He’s the new Brenton Bersin. 

I get the feeling you may be iffy with our coach's plan and the current backup QB.  Call it a hunch.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Are you really giving Matt Rhule like 5-6 losing seasons? That’s a lot of patience. 

And more than the owner will have lol

he haS this year and next year….best be a solid 10 and 7 or that seat Tepper owns is going to get mighty hot 

I’m constantly  amazed at the number of Baylor and Temple  players he trots out

who knew they were such power houses in the NCAA   I learn something every day 

5 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

And more than the owner will have lol

he haS this year and next year….best be a solid 10 and 7 or that seat Tepper owns is going to get mighty hot 

I’m constantly  amazed at the number of Baylor and Temple  players he trots out

who knew they were such power houses in the NCAA   I learn something every day 

Every coach we have had has made the playoffs within the first 3 seasons.  Except for one and he only lasted 3.  

Rhule needs to be in the playoffs in 3 years IMO

• Pie 6

I think we min need 8 wins or else the seat as mentioned will get mighty hot.  And then we give them an ultimatum to find a QB. 

Personally, I'm not bought into Darnold until I see something better than NYJ. However, I'm not bought out of the staff and that we don't have a good trajectory going on with Rhule & Brady.  Rhule has been here what, ~400 days? Let's see how they respond their second season, let it unfold a bit into the year; that's typically a make or break timeframe to see if these guys are on par with quality NFL coaches or if they can only do so much. 

Overall, I hope Tepper can recognize if that becomes the case but it's too early to judge either way (at least for me).  I thought Rhule passed a few good 1st year tests last season.  

It find it odd that people are so on about basically having our 4th TE (who still may be cut), 2 promising young DBs, and a somewhat crappy aggressive backup QB from Temple who may not even survive the coming weeks.  OH NO, SCHOOL BIAS! 

Edited by davos
  • Pie 3

44 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

It sort of goes without saying that he’s here as long as Rhule is here. He’s the new Brenton Bersin. 

Dunno man…both were suspect and if PJ sees much field time we know we are in trouble.  Loyalty won out but that can cost you in this league 

2 hours ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I just don’t see us keeping 5 TE. I think we have too many special teams players as it is but our staff seems to like the guys who don’t really offer anything except special teams.

I would love to get a new back up QB but who? Who can we get that can play in our system and can learn our playbook? If we replace Walker with a different QB we could be screwed if Darnold gets hurt. You can’t expect a QB to do well if they hardly know the playbook. Then again PJ Walker isn’t that good either. Our team put a lot of faith in Darnold.

I guess it’s a smart decision because it Darnold ends up being a bust then we will suck and need to get a top QB in the draft. So if he sucks we should end up with a top draft pick to get a QB. If he does well then we should be a good team and not need a QB in the draft.

Edit: nevermind

Edited by CPcavedweller
fug it

3 hours ago, davos said:

He explicitly mentioned that as a head coach and GM, if you drafted a guy that doesn't fit in your plans anymore, you need to learn to move on.

This is the most promising thing to me.

For those thinking Rhule will be out after 3 years, that's not going to happen. Rhule will get at least four years before they turn on the seat warmer. His long contract will see to that.