• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Execs rank the Panthers in the nfc

Zod

10 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I think we're going to get good Darnold & bad Darnald throughout the season. It will at least be more entertaining than watching the Teddy.  

I'm strangely entertained even when we have a bad team. Somehow I'm entertained no matter what happens during the season, while some fans just stop watching or get bored if we're losing.

Any QB is going to have mixed results. Even Mahomes is going to have some poop moments. It's all about the ratio of Good : Poop. I'm hoping Darnold is on the positive side of that ratio.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, glenwo2 said:

Here's a question for you :

Will the team be able to offset the "bad Darnold" and win some games he struggles in?    (this is where CMC comes in and where the "D" steps up, I think)

Sure but I also think we lose some games he plays well in. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

58 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Um, we were 2-9 or 2-7 in one score games. Depends on if you stretch one score to 8 points. Winning 1/3 of those gets us to 3.7 and 3 wins. That adds 1 or 2 wins. 6-10 or 7-9 does not get us to the playoffs.

People keep forgetting that we won a couple close games as well and 8 points isn’t as easy a come back as 7 or under.

We weren’t a playoff team last year. We were closer to the playoffs in 2016 than last year. At least then we lost some games on FG misses alone. Only 3 of the one score losses in 2020 were FG close. Most were 7-8 point losses.

And this is correct. We would have broken history positional ranking records in NFL last year had we made the playoffs…all with a first year college coach (more broken records). People must really think we are special.

3 hours ago, PhillyB said:

if we win a third of the one-score losses from last year we're a playoff team.

That's key. We just needed a push over the hump.

We've got CMC back, we've got an upgrade at WR, TE, and we've got a QB with an arm who doesn't play it safe....and then there's that defense that for better.

I think most of those one score losses turn into wins this year. 

• Pie 1