• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We really rolling with this offensive line?

Zod

Don't know much about the individual players on your Oline, but protecting Sam really needs to be the focal point, which I'm sure is an extremely obvious talking point, but its vital. Give him a little bit of time and he should be ok. If he has an Oline like he did in 2019 & 2020.......whooooaaa nelly. Not many QBs can perform well in that scenario.

• Pie 2

Maybe the coaching staff already knows that some of these guys will be on a very short leash, performance-wise. We can't say for sure what goes on behind those doors. We'll see how they perform and any adjustments. I can't believe they'll just allow the line to be a sieve without making timely changes. Hopefully they'll get the mixture as best as possible with this group of guys and we'll be able to work around this weakness.

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Remember when they started Whitehead for almost an entire season while this board was screaming that his backup was much better only to find out when they finally benched him his backup was indeed much better and the starter this season?

Good times. 

So come Sunday is Sam stays clean and the o line they put out there looks decent will everybody around here calm down about the damn line for at least a few days? 

2 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

Rhule and his analytics…. Not sure what analytics he’s looking at…. Darnold is about to run for his life.

...thats ok...hes use to it...can Brady plan around the weaknesses?.... it will be hard for us to push the ball down field if not....he has 1.3485 seconds to get rid of the ball...he better know where hes going with it.

I'd reverse the question: Did we really believe a top O-Line was gonna be built in one offseason?

My read this offseason has been that they're signing stopgap vets (minus Moton, of course) while looking to build the line of the future primarily via the draft.

Will it work? Don't know, but I can respect the approach.

Going all in on a single season when you're realistically in a rebuilding stage would be classic Marty Hurney.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 8