• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Max Kellerman "Claims" Zach Wilson will shine and Jets beat Panthers in Week 1 on Sunday

glenwo2

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

NFL talent evaluators aren't gonna love that game from Howell. Particularly that last pick. But they're going to see some special throws too. They're gonna see numerous dropped passes. They're going to see that only one WR could create separation and actually catch a ball. They're going to see that UNC might as well have been playing a 3rd OT rather than they're TE because he was utterly useless as a recoecer. They're gonna see the 1st INT that was a perfectly thrown ball caught by a receiver who let a DB simply take it from him. They're gonna see that the second INT was a tipped pass at the LOS. The stat sheet looks a lot worse than the actual performance did if you were just looking to evaluate the QB as a prospect.

That's what a lot of people got caught up in with Wilson's game vs. Coastal too. They were watching a football game instead of evaluating the prospect. You can't judge the prospect by the outcome of the play, just by what he did with the opportunity given on that play or the opportunity he outright created out of nothing.

You just described Sam's time in NY.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, CRA said:

boxing died.  it's now you tubers and fake fights featuring 60 year olds. 

I don’t know dude. Real boxing is pretty amazing right now with fury, wilder, canelo, Spence jr etc. those YouTube boys aren’t boxing btw they’re exhibitions

16 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You just described Sam's time in NY.

I mean, there are you tube videos up featuring all his INTs from every season.   

It's a tough sell for someone to watch them....and for you to then claim they were largely great defensive plays and bad breaks.  

Sam Darnold made some really terrible decisions about what to do with the football in NY.   The type stuff a NFL QBs just shouldn't do.   Which is the knock on Sam.  Not his physical talent.  

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

It's a tough sell for someone to watch them....and for you to then claim they were largely great defensive plays and bad breaks.  

Sam Darnold made some really terrible decisions about what to do with the football in NY.   The type stuff a NFL QBs just shouldn't do.   Which is the knock on Sam.  Not his physical talent.  

Yeah...One Sam gets excused, the other gets roasted. 

Just because you are grumpy, does not mean you have to shove it down the throats of others.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yep. Unfortunately, the narrative that it was all his poor protection, etc. just doesn't hold up. Maybe it was terrible coaching and development, but a lot of his bad plays were from a clean pocket and just terrible throws or terrible decisions or both.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Uhh...it wasn't his choice to be drafted by the Jets.

Not sure how this picture invalidates what he stated in the vid. 

Once again I always giving props to Darnold in a sly slick way....

Keyshawn knows more about having success away from the Jets than most...He did win a superbowl with the Bucs

You know my view but at the same time I was listening to Keyshawn's view. Told you I'm not hoping Darnold fails, I'm not believing he will succeed...there's a difference.