• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deonte Brown inactivate for today.

ncfan

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Look I like Rhule and believe in many of the things he is doing here but i swear it seems like the ghost of coach Rivera is still lurking around the team building with these oline decisions.

Not just OL 

he has been Rivera 2.0 in reguard to playing a struggling guy just because he is a vet over a young development guy.

we saw this last year at LB with Whitehead

• Pie 6

5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Not just OL 

he has been Rivera 2.0 in reguard to playing a struggling guy just because he is a vet over a young development guy.

we saw this last year at LB with Whitehead

While we sucked no less. While he talked about his five year plan no less. Hey, we all know THAT guy isn't part of any five year plan so let's put in someone who could potentially be, even if only in a reserve role.

Whitehead was about as bad of a starting LB that this team has ever fielded.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

Look I like Rhule and believe in many of the things he is doing here but i swear it seems like the ghost of coach Rivera is still lurking around the team building with these oline decisions.

Because he doesn't throw every rookie ever into the lineup?

Horn is going to start, Marshall is (essentially) going to start. Tremble is going to see major minutes. Hubbard is apparently returning Kicks and first man off the bench at RB. Taylor and Nixon will rotate in on defence.

How much more do you want?

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Horn is going to start, Marshall is (essentially) going to start. Tremble is going to see major minutes. Hubbard is apparently returning Kicks and first man off the bench at RB. Taylor and Nixon will rotate in on defence.

It’s the first game so I’m not like flipping out but this was a good opportunity to see deonte get some snaps at guard with us being down a guard already. Hopefully him and Brady gets some meaningful snaps this year so we can see what we got with them. 

Just now, OldhamA said:

The oline is potential disaster waiting to happen. As always I'm hoping for the best but not expecting miracles with this group. If they can keep Sam relatively clean against the Jets I'll feel better moving forward but as of now our approach has not inspired confidence and that's justified. I get you are all in on giving this staff the benefit of the doubt but you still have to acknowledge reality.