• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zack Wilson is a player

R2-D2

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, that could end up addition by subtraction. Dude showed up way overweight and still looked way overweight and predictably slow. Now he might have a significant injury. Not looking good for his long-term NFL prospects.

I recall reading that he had to lose a lot of weight for the combine…..his mother is a caterer (Southern food), and she fed him well.  Hope he doesn’t eat himself out of the league.  Like a lot of us mamas, we love to feed our babies, “food is love” isn’t always a good thing.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/q-a-with-jets-ol-mekhi-becton-on-his-mom-s-cooking-basketball-and-more

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, MechaZain said:

They're in for a long rebuild and I think anything short of a franchise carrying sort talent was a waste of that pick.  He looked like Sam with some flashes of higher potential and I expect him to have a similar fate there.

Poor kid, his talent is impressive….love his toughness.  That oline couldn’t even snap the ball when Sam was there, hopefully he doesn’t suffer the same fate.

I wish him well.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 1usctrojan said:

I recall reading that he had to lose a lot of weight for the combine…..his mother is a caterer (Southern food), and she fed him well.  Hope he doesn’t eat himself out of the league.  Like a lot of us mamas, we love to feed our babies, “food is love” isn’t always a good thing.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/q-a-with-jets-ol-mekhi-becton-on-his-mom-s-cooking-basketball-and-more

Former Panthers great DT Kris Jenkins did it. He'd always show up to camp fat and work his way into shape. The older he got the harder that got to pull off (I can sympathize). Eventually the knees could no longer bear the load.

• Pie 2

41 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Former Panthers great DT Kris Jenkins did it. He'd always show up to camp fat and work his way into shape. The older he got the harder that got to pull off (I can sympathize). Eventually the knees could no longer bear the load.

Charles Woodson said one of the keys to his longevity was someone giving him the advice to try to show up to every camp 1 pound lighter than the last.

• Pie 2

54 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, this same statement could probably fairly be said about KB too.

We all saw him looking like Queen Latifah at camp.

DAsSN9uWsAIiOr7.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

6 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Silver Platter Sam was "abused" for 3 straight seasons...

...yet it appears he is 100% certain to "recover"...??

I daresay one game is no certainty.  Sam needs to show everyone an entire season of consistent, quality play.  He's got three seasons of "potential bust" smeared all over him, one game doesn't wipe that away.

7 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Silver Platter Sam was "abused" for 3 straight seasons...

...yet it appears he is 100% certain to "recover"...??

Look at the size difference between the two (there's a pic of them at midfield after the game). Darnold is a tank. Wilson can't physically take the beating Darnold did.

Screenshot_20210914-133122.thumb.jpg.cce9942ee81a8e1004c0489776e09158.jpg

Edited by OldhamA
  • Pie 1