• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady is a concern.

Snake

3 hours ago, DeSim said:

I don’t disagree.  Amazing how this offense, since last year was supposed to be the best group and defense was supposed to be really bad.  Huge credit to Phil Snow. 

I am starting to grow an absurd fandom for Snow. He hasn't been perfect, but he has done a damn good job. I know 3rd down wasn't pretty last year but with a strong secondary this season, I expect this defense to rank amongst the top 10 in the league. I believe. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Um yes he does and now you're off the reservation. Its been stated many times he has direct input.

Everyone has input.  My boss asks for input all the time.  He gets all kinds of input.  You can’t follow everyone’s input.  Because it generally is wildly different.  Joe Brady isn’t drafting guys and adding free agents.  

You think Joe Brady that first draft was like, nah….I don’t want anyone in this entire draft lol.   Let’s spend all the first round picks on D.  I’m good. 

Matt Rhule has always leaned and won via defense and Snow is his dude.  Don’t forget, the Sam input came from Phil Snow.   Phil Snow was impressed with Sam and Rhule then began to pursue him because of Snow’s input. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, jerrya said:

Looked like a different QB for Denver

Passing CP/ATT YDS TD INT FPTS
  T. Bridgewater 28/36 264 2 0 23

Teddy looked good here early on too. He had five good games, then a bad 6th game, bounced back in week 7, then the wheels fell off week 8. But, the whole time he looked "good" he was also failing to deliver in the clutch. Let's see him in a competitive game once teams have film on him in that system. The truth will reveal itself... again.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We had a goalline fumble and two misfired passes to open receivers in the end zone. That's not Joe Brady's fault. No one would be complaining if we put up 40 yesterday and that's what we should've had.

The second half was called poorly by Brady.  So yes, I still would have a gripe.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Griping about 40? Yikes. Might wanna dial the expectations back a tad. We aren't the Chiefs.

Dude, look at what I am saying.  I'm complaining about the SECOND half.  We got beat by the Jets on the field.  I could care less what was on the scoreboard.  Playing one solid half of football and then laying egg in the other will not get many wins in this League.  Lol at mediocre expectations amongst this fan base brought upon by Ron Rivera syndrome. 

16 hours ago, frankw said:

21 carries and 9 receptions he led in both. We actually didn't give a single carry to another rb. And we still only beat the Jets by 5. To say our playcalling could use some versatility is not whining it's common sense. If the goal is to improve on 3rd place in our division then we should expect more in the following weeks.

The numbers aren't terribly concerning to me.  21 carries is ok for him.  9 catches, not too bad.  Those won't get him crushed, hopefully.

What worries me is that no one else ran the ball.  If that trend continues, we have a big problem.  Teams will realize that when CMC is out of the game, we're throwing.

Chuba needs to get 5-7 carries a game and 3-5 passes a game so he establishes himself as a true threat.  If the dude gets his ball security under control, he could be a fantastic player, and we need to use him so the offense truly doesn't change when CMC is getting a rest.