• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zach Wilson says he has whiplash

Zod

After Sunday’s 19-14 loss to the Panthers, Jets head coach Robert Saleh complimented rookie quarterback Zach Wilson‘s “resolve” after watching him take six sacks and 10 hits over the course of his NFL debut.

Wilson struggled early, but threw two touchdowns in the second half to give the Jets some hope of pulling off a comeback. The second of those scores came a couple of plays after he took a massive hit from Panthers defensive lineman Derrick Brown that left him feeling like he “got hit by a truck for a second.”

The feeling that he survived a car accident didn’t go away after the game, but Wilson said it was just part of the learning process for a rookie quarterback.

“Yeah, neck’s a little sore,” Wilson said, via Andy Vasquez of USAToday.com. “A little whiplash. But I’ll be alright. . . . It’s tough but it’s part of the job, right? It’s why we sign up to play quarterback. I feel like I’m getting better, experiencing having stuff in your face, you’ve got to be able to play. You can’t just say, ‘Uhhh, there’s pressure, I can’t do my job.’ That’s why quarterback is a tough position to come by. So it’s good for me and I’m going to continue to get better at that.”

Wilson might have found some lessons from the game, but getting pummeled like that on a weekly basis is not going to be a plus for his development. That makes improved protection a clear priority for the Jets as they move forward this season.

North Carolina Reaction GIF by Carolina Panthers

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

Yeah, I doubt it's just whiplash.  His head bounced off the turf.  And honestly, when DB landed on him, with YGM in tow, I seriously thought he probably broke some ribs bc they landed on him with their full weight...  my ribs hurt watching it and it looked like he was trying to recompose himself when he got up.  You could just feel an elephant sitting on your torso watching it.😂

• Beer 1