• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut kicker Santoso

SgtJoo

My position is the same as the day we brought in Santoso.  

either get a legit leg and if one isn’t available…..bring in some young rookie to gamble on.   No point bringing in dysfunctional kickers that have already proven they aren’t actually good enough.    We aren’t in win now mode.  Might as well actually be trying out guys with potential to be actual answers

• Pie 5

51 minutes ago, CRA said:

My position is the same as the day we brought in Santoso.  

either get a legit leg and if one isn’t available…..bring in some young rookie to gamble on.   No point bringing in dysfunctional kickers that have already proven they aren’t actually good enough.    We aren’t in win now mode.  Might as well actually be trying out guys with potential to be actual answers

Gonzalez has made a decent percentage of his 50+ yard attempts.

We do have a kicker on the practice squad, Dominik Eberle.  Based on the article linked, he looks to have a leg similar to Slye.  Keeping him on the PS while grabbing another kicker tells me they like him, just don’t fully trust him yet….

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.americanfootballinternational.com/is-german-kicker-dominik-eberle-a-serious-nfl-draft-prospect/amp/

“Kicking for the Utah State Aggies since 2016, the Nuremberg, Germany native has broken and still holds numerous school and conference records including most individual career points scored at USUand most field goals made in Mountain West history with 64, ahead of Utah’s Louie Sakoda. He was a finalist for the Lou Groza award in 2017 and a semi-finalist in 2018.

The 6’2″, 190 pound Eberle also became just the sixth player in NCAA history to kick three 50-plus yard field goals in a game, a feat he easily accomplished against New Mexico State in 2018.

You might say he has a leg.”

40 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Gonzalez has made a decent percentage of his 50+ yard attempts.

He has a worse overall % than Syle…and spent all last season choking on kicks in the 4th q.  

I’d rather have a rookie.  A rookie kicker would deserve blind optimism.  This is just a bad overall kicker.    Rhule should of just kept Syle.  

• Pie 1