• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Day Menu thread

Captain Morgan

11 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

This past week I spoke with a woman who is originally from NY and who is recovering from spending 2 miserable years living and working in Texas.  She said that the people there are not friendly if you are not a native Texan.  She also said the food is terrible. "Everything is Tex Mex. You can't find a good pizza.  There are no bakeries.  They put everything on a tortilla."

Inspired by my NY acquaintance, I am having a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast.  Later there will be a made from scratch grilled veggie pizza.  Pizza dough in the bread machine...everything else on the grill.

Grilled Vegetable Pizza Recipe

I’m of Mexican descent, and those people have bastardized our food, culture and music, “dumbed it down”.  Ugh, we don’t use tortillas for everything, and I clearly don’t like mixing cuisines.  There are as many different regional foods in Mexico, as there are in this country, they couldn’t even get the one region they copy right.

Where I come from, there are farmers markets/roadside vegetable stands, on almost every day of the week….and we don’t overcook, nothing worse than limp, overcooked vegetables! 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

This past week I spoke with a woman who is originally from NY and who is recovering from spending 2 miserable years living and working in Texas.  She said that the people there are not friendly if you are not a native Texan.  She also said the food is terrible. "Everything is Tex Mex. You can't find a good pizza.  There are no bakeries.  They put everything on a tortilla."

Inspired by my NY acquaintance, I am having a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast.  Later there will be a made from scratch grilled veggie pizza.  Pizza dough in the bread machine...everything else on the grill.

Grilled Vegetable Pizza Recipe

Love me some grill pizza..

Edited by Pimpdaddy
  • Pie 3

10 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

I’m of Mexican descent, and those people have bastardized our food, culture and music, “dumbed it down”.  Ugh, we don’t use tortillas for everything, and I clearly don’t like mixing cuisines.  There are as many different regional foods in Mexico, as there are in this country, they couldn’t even get the one region they copy right.

Where I come from, there are farmers markets/roadside vegetable stands, on almost every day of the week….and we don’t overcook, nothing worse than limp, overcooked vegetables! 

People have such a warped view of food culture. Don’t get me wrong some really good “Tex-Mex”, Italian American or Chinese American cuisine can be delicious. But to simply think that’s the native food of an entire country as a whole is mind boggling. Immigrant chefs fit the food to meet the very… bland or should we say unadventurous… palate of western people and over time it became, very wrongly, synonymous with the country of origin. But that is no where close to the food of many home countries and hardly anybody is willing to take a step outside their comfort zone and actually truly embrace real cultural food.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Flames 1