• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Missing Piece on D

t96

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Ok fair point I misunderstood 

I have no clue what he is doing now and I bet he doesn’t know either. Probably going to invest in a restaurant or bar. 

It's hunting season, pretty sure he's just living it up enjoying the outdoors, fishing, etc. Certainly don't blame him there

2 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Hell yeah that's dope 👍! Good for him, he looks so healthy too.

Yeah I saw him at training camp the year after he retired or maybe it was before the 2015 season, was staying in the same hotel as him I honestly could not believe it was him and that he lost that much weight in that short a period of time. He's a really cool dude and definitely awesome how healthy he is after playing in the NFL for a decade

Unpopular opinion but I think Luke and Cam have given the game enough and I hope they both just enjoy the rest of their lives. As much as I'd love to see him play again another concussion would be heartbreaking. I almost stopped watching football after the teary one.

21 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I said this when he retired, but he is gonna come back and probably play a season or two for the Bills or WFT. I don’t think he retired because of health issues. I think he quit because he didn’t want to be apart of a rebuild and he thought the panthers were gonna be in the gutter for the next 3-4 years. And would ya look at that the panthers are exceeding expectations and he is throwing out teasers lol 

I don't know man. TBIs are a funny thing. My wife has one and it took about 6 months for the gravity of it to hit her. Another one could leave her crippled and we all know once you have that first concussion, another is easier to get. I have no doubt Luke loves football, but reality may very well have set in for him. Brain injuries are a sobering thing. I've had 4 concussions myself and I've often wondered when or if they will catch up to me, especially now after her permanent injury. 

28 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I said this when he retired, but he is gonna come back and probably play a season or two for the Bills or WFT. I don’t think he retired because of health issues. I think he quit because he didn’t want to be apart of a rebuild and he thought the panthers were gonna be in the gutter for the next 3-4 years. And would ya look at that the panthers are exceeding expectations and he is throwing out teasers lol 

We still have the rights to his contract if he did un-retire, so we’d have to give permission for him to do that, like when Marshawn un-retired and was traded to Oakland.  And honestly I’d be a little butt hurt if we did that

2 hours ago, t96 said:

Luke Kuechly the player was bravery personified, but he's never shown more  courage than by walking away

It's gotta be extremely tempting Luke to come back and join this talented D... That last line makes me think a return is possible, even if unlikely. He wants to play and took an opportunity to step away while the team was entering a full rebuild essentially. Well that rebuild has been expedited and if he came back he would step right into the best D he's ever played on.

You are dreaming…let it go