• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JOE BRADY WILL NEVER BE A HEAD COACH!

BurnNChinn

7 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Dumb.

Lets run behind Paradis on 3rd and 2 or anything and short in critical situations!

Uh no its on Brady he knows the OL is poo and if he doesn't even better(worse)

No, I just don’t get down with the wild swings where someone is awesome and then 3 games later trash.  

for example, I won’t get down with those who will be talking about overpaying Jackson this week.  He had a couple good games.  That doesn’t define him. 

Joe Brady is a 2nd year OC with a good overall scheme.  Yeah, as I literally said he needs work situationally….that comes with reps and time.  That was literally the 21st game he has ever called in his life. 

Yes, the OL is poo.  That remains the point. It’s a talent issue.  Give the greatest OC a poo OL and the talent will make his play calls look horrible often. 

You absolutely can scheme around an average QB and O-Line if you know what to do and understand what you are seeing. They played soft zones all day because tape shows we like the intermediate areas of the field, so you run quick hitters and slants until they come up and then the intermediate stuff that he likes to run will become available. He knew about the twist stunts they run with the front all week and did absolutely nothing to counter it with the plays he called.

In my mind, he can go somewhere else to get his experience, we need someone who can actually game plan and adjust without having the football cheat code that McCaffery is. We have plenty of weapons, but fail to use them effectively week to week because he is inconsistent. He's starting to remind me of Dan Henning and that FTS mentality. 

Edited by roaddog96
  • Pie 3

9 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

The jury is out on him, IMHO ... but to grease your noodle or flick your bean JUST because he led LSU and Burrow to a title for ONE season is mindless stupidity.

Agreed. Steve Esminger didn't get the credit he deserved for calling the plays for that team. Although Brady may have brought the scheme to LSU, Steve was the triggerman on the playcalls. I think the scheme is versatile, but I feel like Brady doesn't have a feel for calling plays the way we as a team need.  

Brady was up and down but Rhule and Fit rolling the dice with this interior oline is why we are at this juncture. That being said Joe should get down to the sideline and see about righting this ship bc hiding up in the booth while your qb takes a beating and you're still calling long developing plays is some Mike Shula fugery.

Edited by frankw

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

So Brady having the guys run the same routes over and over, very similar to the routes that got picked off last week. Has he already gone through his whole playbook?

Kinda like Foxy never changing the snap count... wondered why defenders were in the back field half second after the snap..

• Beer 1