• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule blames the D when asked about offensive struggles

ncfan

22 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

I thought we all hated Rivera for his conservative approach. "We need a killer mentality" and all that. 

I personally don't blame Rhule when we don't covert 4th downs. I like the aggression. I can't speak for others. But I do know this board was overflowing with people blasting Rivera's conservative, analytical approach. It's now the same with Rhule. 

I think the difference is we had one of the greatest short yard qbs in the game and Rivera still wouldn’t use him in situations where it was needed to be aggressive. This honestly feels a lot like 2013 except our offense doesn’t have a dynamic qb and we’re trying to be methodical on offense because our defense has been dominant just like 2013. We’re leaning on our defense because it’s our best unit far and away. That’s not scapegoating rhules comments. It’s bullshit but that’s the direction the team is going this year.

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Mage said:

Bro, you are reading way too much into this.

Who the hell cares how he phrases it?  He's clearly meaning that overall, the team didn't play good enough to win.  And it's true.

Ya'll get way too caught up in stuff like this.  This crap doesn't matter.  It's just for the media.  And it is clear throughout the press conference that Rhule knows the offense (especially the OL) is the biggest problem, he's simply saying that the defense was a problem too.  In particular he called out someone (not by name) who decided to do his own thing on the zone-read that Jalen Hurts scored on

Not hard is it.

Doesn't matter wtf the defense did for some of the game you play the who fuging game. And whoever(we know who it was) didn't take the QB on those runs several times in a row is as to blame as any INT or fumble or w/e. That's giving up points by not doing your job. The defense also has more resources invested into it so it's well beyond  understandable that he would expect more from the defense as they've had more given to them.

He didn't say the defense lost us the game he said some people didn't do their job that led to points which is true. I think Rags said something about nuance and that's part of what he's talking about...gonna act like getting a few turnovers means you can just crash down on the RB while the QB keeps getting first downs then a TD to take a lead. It doesn't and the coach is obviously going to coach up and fix all the issues.

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

LMAO

I finally got to the part where he says the whole "if you have the lead in the 4th quarter, you should not lose"

First off, it wasn't in response to a question about the offense

It was a response to a question about why the Eagles were beating us on the edge for like 5 straight runs on the last drive.  Rhule was answering that question and then said that if we have a lead, the defense can't let that happen.  And that he wants the defense to come today with that mentality.  It was a football quote more than it was anything else.  Neither the question or response had ANYTHING to do with the offense.

It is SO obvious who actually watches the press conferences.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

It’s really not the offense. It’s definitely not the defense. The loss is on Rhule and himself only. He’s the guy that didn’t address the OL this offseason. He’s the guy that won’t play the Brady and Deonte. Five weeks into the season and he hasn’t shown he can make adjustments after the half. We suck in the 3rd quarter game after game. 

• Poo 1

37 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Commenting and trying to carry on a conversation about some poo you haven't seen or read is not something intelligent people do but common sense also isn't very common, agree there.

I mean we still have people trying to say the defense was on the field all second half even though we held a large TOP in the second half including a 7 minute drive which was the longest drive of the game.

Oh, I agree it's not intelligent to carry on a conversation about something you haven't seen or read. That said, it doesn't stop people from doing so.😆

I wouldn't doubt that part of the reason the defense collapsed yesterday was doing to being demoralized from watching the offense do nothing half the game. Most people give up at some point, and those guys might have reached their point collectively and said forget* it.

*(self edit for people's favorite fu**ing word)

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I wouldn't doubt that part of the reason the defense collapsed yesterday was doing to being demoralized from watching the offense do nothing half the game. Most people give up at some point, and those guys might have reached their point collectively and said forget* it.

Hopefully no one on our team or they can be traded away for those that won't give up. If they did(don't think so) I don't care who it is they can go. If they are that weak mentally now best to resolve it before they crack under playoff pressure if/when we get there.

• Beer 3