• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule blames the D when asked about offensive struggles

ncfan

5 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

If they fall on the fumble like pros we win.

Not getting that defensive score was inexcusable. 

3 interceptions and a blocked punt are inexcusable, you're right. 

An interception, a fumble, a safety and a blocked punt all in one game is dominance. Oh no, the ball slipped out of the endzone. The defense got a safety instead of a touchdown. Let's blame the defense. 

If you're relying on your defense to score the points, then you're coaching wrong. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

This is stupid.  He DID NOT blame the defense.

He very intentionally called out Sam, the offensive line, and the special teams.  

Very specifically called out himself and his coaching staff.

And then mentioned the "it's a team loss" and mentioned a few ways the defense could play better.

This was AFTER he spent 5 minutes talking about poor pass protection, poor running plays, and bad decisions/throws/reads by Sam.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

As a defensive player this would bother me. How can we win when the other team has 20 yards to the end zone. Rhule is foolish for this one. You will never win giving opposing teams short field. Defense played great imo. Alot of pressures Hurts threw the ball away alot because coverage was good and very rarely did he break contain. If we couldnt muster 3 tds thats offense problem.

Edited by ncsfinest21
  • Beer 1

49 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

I don't care what he says in a presser.

But he better be raising hell in the coach's meeting room.

Our ST group is inferior, and that's mild.  Blackburn should be on notice.

I have no complaints about Snow's D -- they did their part to win the game.  Sure, if that bad snap is recovered for the TD it should have been, it's a different game.  But that ball was slippery, and it was just a bad break that it wasn't.  The D was trying to fall on it.

The elephant in the room that Rhule didn't acknowledge is his own timidity.  I only hope somebody mans up and points it out to him, or he looks in the mirror and sees his own errors in punting.

Lastly, he's got to get with his OC and plan and call a different style of play.  Passivity never gets it done in the NFL.  Go study those brass balls in Tepper's office.

.... he went into his prevent offense. ....

6 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

I'm sure.  And I said the same thing in that thread.  They are way over blowing this.

I haven't seen the whole press conference, but this is how easy it is to take something out of context or frame a discussion these days. One clip with the proper inflammatory headline and people are all over it. As Facebook has proven, hate sells.

Edited by jayboogieman
Wrong words
  • Pie 3

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

I haven't seen the whole press conference, but this is how easy it is to take some out of context or frame a discussion these days. One clip with the proper inflammatory headline and people are all over it. As Facebook has proven, hate sells.

It's because most people are unintelligent imbeciles. Like a few posts above clearly didn't even watch the presser. Low IQ morons all over

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

It's because most people are unintelligent imbeciles. Like a few posts above clearly didn't even watch the presser. Low IQ morons all over

It's not just low IQ people. I've seen plenty of people with high IQs get fooled too. The biggest problem is that common sense isn't common.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Playing conservative and punting at midfield before the half was some Rivera poo. The defense had shut the Eagles down up to that point. 

Thats WHY he punted. It was 15-3 and the Eagles had shown nothing on offense. Why try a long field goal with a shaky kicker or attempt a 4th down with a bad OLine and give them the ball at midfield and give them a chance to score and not just let them cut into the lead but also give their offense confidence going into the second half?

if thats how it would have panned out the same people would be blaming him for not trusting his defense and taking an unnecessary risk when we had the game in control already

what the analytics dont tell you if how the flow of the game is currently going. I really didnt think at any point yesterday the game was in jeopardy until that punt got blocked and the Eagles got the ball at our 20. Im convinced if we get that punt off and the Eagles have to go 70-80 yards they probably stall somewhere around our 40 and turnover on downs like their last drive and we win the game 18-13