• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this an early must win?

ericr0319

There may be related topics, but...

We started off 3-0 against 3 bad teams and we are all hype. 

Then we go 0-2, which really should of been 1-1 in all our eyes. We win that game against Philly and I think we ALL feel really good, but we blew it.  

Now we are in a winnable game this week with 2 upcoming road games (both winnable, but Atl coming off bye and I think NYG is better than their win/loss record). 

We win Sunday and then split the roadies (worst case scenario is a split I feel) and are looking at 5-3. Still in great playoff shape. 

We lose and then fall even further in our road games and could be staring at 3-5 with more questions then we had going into the season.

• Poo 1

23 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

Then we go 0-2, which really should of been 1-1 in all our eyes. We win that game against Philly and I think we ALL feel really good, but we blew it.  

Now we are in a winnable game this week with 2 upcoming road games (both winnable, but Atl coming off bye and I think NYG is better than their win/loss record). 

We win Sunday and then split the roadies (worst case scenario is a split I feel) and are looking at 5-3. Still in great playoff shape. 

We lose and then fall even further in our road games and could be staring at 3-5 with more questions then we had going into the season.

It's not a must-win but it's a need-to-win game.

Starting off with a 3-game winning streak and then following it up with a 3-game losing streak would erase every good feeling we had and every accomplishment the team got at the start of the season.

I just want a win so we can feel good about things, dammit.

• Pie 1

All games are must win.  If you are talking playoffs hopes, which is looking like a stretch now,  10 wins are normally enough to reach the playoffs.

The easy path is to win these 7: 
Vikings, @ Giants,  @ Atl, Atl WFT, @ Dolphins, Pats

For every game we lose in the easier batch, we have to win one of these:
 @ Cards, @ Bills, @ Saints, @ Bucs, Bucs 

In reality, if we can't win any in the hard batch, we'll be one and done in the playoffs anyway.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

All games are must win.  If you are talking playoffs hopes, which is looking like a stretch now,  10 wins are normally enough to reach the playoffs.

The easy path is to win these 7: 
Vikings, @ Giants,  @ Atl, Atl WFT, @ Dolphins, Pats

For every game we lose in the easier batch, we have to win one of these:
 @ Cards, @ Bills, @ Saints, @ Bucs, Bucs 

In reality, if we can't win any in the hard batch, we'll be one and done in the playoffs anyway.

Just @Giants,  @Atl, Atl, WFT, @Dolphins, Pats get us to 9 wins which was a reasonable (even optimistic) expectations going into the season.

• Pie 2

If you are talking about the Panther team? Then every game is a "Must win". If you are talking about the Huddlez? Then yeah, every game is a "Must win".

It may only be year 2 of the rebuild. But, too many Panthers fans don't have the patience for losing.

We have come a long way from that team 2 years ago, that had almost no talent. But after reading threads today. Way too many Huddlers are not suited  for a rebuild. They demand REBUILT. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

Just @Giants,  @Atl, Atl, WFT, @Dolphins, Pats get us to 9 wins which was a reasonable (even optimistic) expectations going into the season.

Yeah, I was just hoping for 8 wins before the season, 9-10 in my dreams.  Then the Saints game happened, and I was like, could we really do this?  Then the Eagles game happened and I woke up.

Without CMC and Elflien and Joe Brady saying "just execute better", I don't have high expectations for Sunday. 

We are a checkdown offense without a reliable checkdown target at this point.  

Chubba needs a really really good day on the ground to win Sunday.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, ericr0319 said:

Every game a must win come on Eric