• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here?

glenwo2

Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here? (Poll)  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sam Darnold : Will he make it to a 2nd season here?

• Yes, he will get one final chance with a (hopefully) upgraded O-Line
    • No. He's gone and good f'n riddance
    • Too Early to tell. Let's see how these next 11 games go

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2021 at 09:00 PM

The more I think about it now.....the more I believe Sam will get one final shot next season and if he does not make a dramatic jump in improvement, they'll just not re-sign him.

In the meantime, this sh*t needs to be turned around in a hurry.  The Giants could(*COULD*) be the perfect Tonic for that but as the team proved, so could the Panthers for other teams. 

Somethings gotta give.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:
24 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

According to some...

...that's not Tepper's call.

Who do you think fired Rivera? 

No quite sure but some guy with 590,000 posts on this site insists Mr. David A. Tepper has zero input and leaves that sort of thing exclusively to the "football people"...

I assumed given the post count hitherto unknown to the people of this area but destined to take the place of the mudshark in your mythology...

...the guy knows what he's talking about...

...possibly I am wrong?

Edited by SizzleBuzz

I remember one of my possible scenarios for darnald was that he completely failed. Right now that's where we are. I think it's more scheme and OL than Darnald but he has most definitely made some really poor throws. If he progresses as he has we may be looking at a top 5 pick. Just with this OL and scheme a top 10 pick isn't out of the question. 

54 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

The more I think about it now.....the more I believe Sam will get one final shot next season and if he does not make a dramatic jump in improvement, they'll just not re-sign him.

In the meantime, this sh*t needs to be turned around in a hurry.  The Giants could(*COULD*) be the perfect Tonic for that but as the team proved, so could the Panthers for other teams. 

Somethings gotta give.

We still have a lot of games left this season. If he keeps turning the ball over and has a record high in giveaways, I don't think he should return next season imo. 

We are not even half way through the season and Rhule is trying to limit the number of times Sam throws to whatever is reasonably possible. The is because Sam is terrible, and Rhule places an extreme value on not having picks thrown. Like Teddy would throw a rare pick, and I think he would catch hell for it. Imagine how Rhule feels about interception machine Darnold.  We dumped Teddy for throwing just a few picks over the season (among other reasons), so imagine what will happen to Sam. I think Rhule is going to try and strangle Sam to death as soon as the season is over, let alone cut him from the team. That's a given.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think he'll be here playing wet nurse to a 1st round rookie QB. I don't see Tepper letting them go for another second tier veteran QB and I don't see any potentially available first tier veteran QB opting to come here.

Sounds like something in P0rn movie....