• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Florio confirms: It's currently down to the Dolphins and Panthers for Deshaun Watson

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Fair enough. I don't see how a Watson trade could be reasonable though considering the stupid trades made for rookie QBs in the last decade. RG3 was what, three first rounders? Or was it two? Then this past draft, it was 3 for the third QB. And those trades were just for potential, not a proven, young QB like Watson.

Well, he doesn't want to play for the Texans and he isn't budging. Plus you have this legal matter that is a PR nightmare. At some point you just cut your losses and that appears to be where the Texans are at. 

• Beer 2

11 minutes ago, SJTGV said:

Because she's basically a lying via opinion and we get on other posters about that so why let this slide? I could say everything she said and I would get ran off this board 

Lol. Okay, so she is lying. Why do you read her posts? Are you aware of the "Ignore" feature?

Because for those that don't believe she is lying, we are getting a little tired of your weird hysterics.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Fair enough. I don't see how a Watson trade could be reasonable though considering the stupid trades made for rookie QBs in the last decade. RG3 was what, three first rounders? Or was it two? Then this past draft, it was 3 for the third QB. And those trades were just for potential, not a proven, young QB like Watson.

It's more absurd for draft picks because you don't have to account for their salaries as rookies, so teams are willing to give up more draft capitol. 

Watson, is 40M on the cap in 22' & 23' then down to Mid 30s in 24' if memory serves when I looked at his numbers the other day. The question here is how will the guarantees be handled, what will HOU be accountable for and what will we be accountable for. 

My surface understanding is they would pay his bonus money, and we would assume the base salary annually (see the T2G trade to DEN for reference)

So that would drop the cost for us a bit financially. My estimate is two 1sts, a mid rounder in 23', and potentially a player or two, I saw D Jax / Thomas' names thrown around in a mock trade. 

19 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

The reason those trades cost so much draft capital was because of the low cost of rookie deals.

A young vet QB entering his prime will need to be paid accordingly and that factors in to the price a team will pay to acquire him.  

Houston can not use him, his off field issues and salary all impact what the Texans get.

Any price you hear in the media is probably the Texans trying to drive up the price or start a bid war.

26 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

It's more absurd for draft picks because you don't have to account for their salaries as rookies, so teams are willing to give up more draft capitol. 

Watson, is 40M on the cap in 22' & 23' then down to Mid 30s in 24' if memory serves when I looked at his numbers the other day. The question here is how will the guarantees be handled, what will HOU be accountable for and what will we be accountable for. 

My surface understanding is they would pay his bonus money, and we would assume the base salary annually (see the T2G trade to DEN for reference)

So that would drop the cost for us a bit financially. My estimate is two 1sts, a mid rounder in 23', and potentially a player or two, I saw D Jax / Thomas' names thrown around in a mock trade. 

Draft picks are what they are.  First rounders don't seem to have as much value to NFL front offices as they do to fans.  Hell, San Francisco traded 3 firsts from freaking Trey Lance....and y'all are telling me thats too high of a price for Deshaun Watson? Who Trey Lance can only dream of being as good as one day in the future?

41 minutes ago, SJTGV said:

Because she's basically a lying via opinion and we get on other posters about that so why let this slide? I could say everything she said and I would get ran off this board 

You're one of the people who ran off Dan Morgan on a new account or something aren't you?  Good lord.

By this logic no one should ever report on anything until it's already happened.  @Verge passes along information from a source, most of us appreciate that.  I personally do.  You're free to distrust that source but in what world is "I don't like this I need to shout it down to cleanse my space of it" a thin.....oh wait nevermind.  

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1