• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport believes Watson will be traded before the deadline

t96

Just now, trueblade said:

What's the difference between a "criminal complaint" and being "charged with a crime"?

I'm not trying to be snarky. There are 10 criminal complaints.

A criminal complaint is when the women go to the police and literally complain that a crime has been committed against them. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

What's the difference between a "criminal complaint" and being "charged with a crime"?

I'm not trying to be snarky. There are 10 criminal complaints.

Just the little thing called evidence…but seriously I am against us making this deal

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

Morale police on full alert this morning hoping Watson doesn't come here.  Its a football team, I want a consistent winning team and putting Watson here is a huge leap towards that.  Those that oppose it are the same people who sell their seats to opposing fans.  

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

35 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

“According to personal conduct policy, in the latest version, a player can be placed on the commissioner’s exempt list if he is charged with a felony or a violent crime,” Rapoport said. “As of right now, that does not apply to Deshaun Watson. I have not heard that he is going to be placed on the commissioner’s exempt list, even if someone trades for him, even if his legal situation is unsettled. Barring some sort of unexpected development, I would expect him to be eligible to play.”

Just because he hasn't been doesn't mean he can't be charged. How stupid would we feel giving up 3 1sts and a couple of good players and Watson goes on the exempt list. It's not like you can undo traded players without consequences like draft picks. Until the investigation is over, I just don't think he's worth the risk. 

Deshaun Watson Next Team Odds

• Miami Dolphins: 3-2 (-150)
  • Carolina Panthers: 3-1
  • Philadelphia Eagles: 5-1
  • Pittsburgh Steelers: 5-1
  • Denver Broncos: 5-1
  • New Orleans Saints: 12-1
  • Chicago Bears: 15-1
  • Green Bay Packers: 30-1
  • Detroit Lions: 40-1
  • Indianapolis Colts: 50-1
  • Atlanta Falcons: 75-1
  • Washington Football Team: 100-1

–Field Level Media (@FieldLevelMedia)

33 minutes ago, Coheed said:

And no draft capital to build with and one of the youngest on top of losing one of the youngest and best defensive players in the league, all for a dude who’s not even guaranteed to play. The rose colored glasses some of you have on is absolutely insane. 

We really dont have more holes in our roster than teams like the Cardinals or Bills who are legit Super Bowl contenders and the reason they are is because they have Josh Allen and Kyler Murray and we have Sam Darnold

how are teams like the Dolphins and Texans doing that seem to always be stock piling cap space and picks? 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Just because he hasn't been doesn't mean he can't be charged. How stupid would we feel giving up 3 1sts and a couple of good players and Watson goes on the exempt list. It's not like you can undo traded players without consequences like draft picks. Until the investigation is over, I just don't think he's worth the risk. 

I agree with everything you are saying, but have to believe we have vetted this and understand what is to come if we're willing to do this deal. 

Also, I don't believe this is correct but remember we have the richest owner in the league. As horrible as it is, billionaires have access to different legal services than us normal people do. I won't pretend to know, but gotta imagine Tepper might have the combination of money and resources to just make this magically go away. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

A trade where conditions must be met? Like idk a player playing. 

Regardless my post was just about him not currently being on the exempt list. lol

Edited by CarolinaLivin

43 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

And we’ll have a franchise QB for the next 10 years lmao what is the problem here? We’ve had exactly 1 legitimate franchise QB in the 27 years weve played

I love Burns and hope he’s a cornerstone of our defense going forward but Id much rather have to replace an edge rusher than keep swinging and missing on QBs

its been 3 years but i think some of y’all have forgotten what it was like to go into every game with a real chance of winning and when Cam was healthy thats how i felt every game. Watson is that good. And now we actually have a competent GM to build a team around him

Wrong.

We had Jake.

We had Stevie B. 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Draft picks will be contingent on how many games he plays.

If he never plays a down we’ll pay nothing….unless we give up players that is.

15 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

Winging it?! This organization had signed Teddy to that stupid contract, made a stupid trade for Sam and even exercised his 5th year option.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they are calling in telephone psychics and reading smoke signals before making decisions

Not denying that but this is much different. We’re talking 3 1sts and players for a guy with this baggage. You make sure everything is good before pulling the he trigger on it. If you don’t you’ll set the franchise back at least 4 years but more like a decade.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I agree with everything you are saying, but have to believe we have vetted this and understand what is to come if we're willing to do this deal. 

Also, I don't believe this is correct but remember we have the richest owner in the league. As horrible as it is, billionaires have access to different legal services than us normal people do. I won't pretend to know, but gotta imagine Tepper might have the combination of money and resources to just make this magically go away. 

I don't disagree with the legal part but Goodell is such a hypocrite with league policy enforcement. He does what's in the best interest of the NFL image and if that means Watson needs to be suspended long term to appease some group, that's what he will do.