• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport believes Watson will be traded before the deadline

t96

8 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

We’re in 2021 now not the 90s. People don’t really care anymore. Probably 90% of Panthers fans now don’t even know who Carruth is. 

It will be brought up over and over again so people do remember. You cannot defend this move morally and the media and local/national advocacy groups will pound the panthers until Watson is gone. 

Get ready for a ton of bad press and protests at every game.

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I don't want Watson anymore but if his lawyer makes that stuff go away he'll be back in the league, most likely. I'd much rather suffer thru more Sam and get a better draft pick than sign a guy who's an alleged predator to save the season when we shouldn't have had high hopes anyway, just would be a total dummy move ESPECIALLY when you're already getting bad press for roster mismanagement and people are questioning wether your competency as coaches of offense

I agree with this, but I think Tepper has lost a lot of faith in either his coaches, front office or both that he told them they either get it right and fix this or hand themselves pink slips. I don’t think anyone wants to be going to Tepper’s office to give him any type of excuse. It’s tragic this is where we are…..

Just now, joemac said:

Well he’s probably asked people in the league office if they plan on placing Watson on the Exempt List assuming he’s traded…

Would be cool if you could just read the rules and have them make sense.

They almost certainly have reached out to the NFL reps for comment.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

We don't know that she was willing.  A lot of women are forced into that work unwillingly.  I get what you're saying, but again, with money comes power, and those with power get to tell the stories.  

We DO know that she was willing because the police investigation determined she was willing. In fact, she was charged for it. The only crime here was charging her and dropping Krafts charges. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/robert-kraft-massage-parlor-arrest-sex-worker-fined-1098303/

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Hmmm, not sure you know the entire story, the ethnic workers at that "spa" were supposedly human trafficed.   Again, not his fault, but he should not have put himself in that situation especially given his status.  Regardless if YOU think it should be legal or not, where it took place, it WAS illegal.  He should have went to Nevada if he wanted to get his freak on with 'immigrant spa workers' legally.  Then again, the arrogant bastard didn't think he's get caught either, until he did.

Just now, Kuhndog94 said:

We DO know that she was willing because the police investigation determined she was willing. In fact, she was charged for it. The only crime here was charging her and dropping Krafts charges. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/robert-kraft-massage-parlor-arrest-sex-worker-fined-1098303/

Also, it may have been illegal. But the main point here is he didn't sexually assault over 20 women. 

He paid for a hand job. Hardly a decision that should cost you your NFL franchise. 

Edited by Kuhndog94

11 minutes ago, Killah_Ray said:

The morality argument for any NFL team is laughable at best...

Yup, sure is.  People want to draw the line on what they find offensive and then play moral police for that cause, while ignoring the multitude of sins that don't offend them happening all around the league.  But, it doesn't count as long as it isn't their team.

This league blackballed a player from making a living for protesting police brutality.  They have covered up multiple scandals, including one that likely cost us a Superbowl, and destroyed the evidence.  They have harbored and protected numerous criminals under Goodell, including their own owners (see Irsay, Kraft).  But, people draw the line at Watson?  No doubt, if he did what he is accused of, he is a predatory dirtbag - but you don't get to pick and choose which crimes are acceptable to root for.  You either support the product of the NFL as a whole, or you don't. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Rhule just said Sam will start this week and he is 100% focused on the Falcons game.

A few days later... "Yeah so obviously Today we traded for DeShaun Watson..."

Well he’s not lying. It’ll take at least a week or 2 to get Watson ready to play. 

14 minutes ago, t96 said:

I’m fine with risk, but not when crippling the ability to build the rest of the roster by trading 3 1st rounders AND roster players, as is the reported asking price. Good luck building the OL and the rest of the D...

I think it'll likely be two firsts and some higher profile guys. It's going to take something to get something. I still believe that we have solid personnel on defense, even the ones acquired later in the draft and in FA. They should have plenty of cap and Fitterer is supposed to be everything Gettleman professed to be in regards to identifying pro talent, plus Fit is supposed to have a good network. He and others are just going to have to earn their money and do their jobs.

15 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

We’re in 2021 now not the 90s. People don’t really care anymore. Probably 90% of Panthers fans now don’t even know who Carruth is. 

Really?  This could be the 'take the cake' take of the day.  In the 90's social media was in it's infancy and women wearing jeans to work on Friday's was acceptable.  Now calling a dude in a dress sir can get you fired from your job, de-platformed and could have possible criminal charges pressed in certain areas.  But yeah, things are waaaaay more chill and care-free now than in the 90's.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1