• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They just don't get it....

Jmac

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Um, about that getting off the field on 3rd down thing.  It seems to be rearing it's ugly head again. 

Let's be really they've been way better at it and if we got anything from the offense.. (TO, bad field position, time on the field) They would be way more dominant... 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

In all honesty, and I'm not playing "hindsight is 20/20," I would've invested no fewer than three draft picks in offensive linemen. It was apparent to those around the league that Fitterer went all panic-buy on Elflein and Erving. He was spending good money on guys whose production and potential had, at no point, justified that cost, and it made people worry we were bidding against ourselves for those acquisitions. 

Can you prove that bolded part? Or are you just making things up to make you point?

I know this will shock many of you, but the O-line is very important and so is the QB. Both are super important to improve. 

Here’s the thing, we have a chance RIGHT NOW to upgrade one of those positions with a top 5/10 player. We don’t have the opportunity in front of us to upgrade the offensive line. 

Grab Watson and use the draft/free agency to upgrade the line. 

• Pie 1

I have figured it out. I have been watching the season fall apart and wondering why Rhule, Blackburn or Brady can't get this sh-tshow back on track. I watch every game and can call out what we run before we run it offensively (95% or so of the time). I know we have potential and talent (on both sides of the ball), and yes our O-line does suck- but I have the answers. I mean I know what we should do. I suggest plays and tatics that will help mitigate alot of our issues right from my couch! I hope Rhule and others will take my advice--see what I see...but they don't. So Why? What's different (besides they are actual coaches who have access to these players and evaluate them and know them each personally)?

Its my couch! These Guys just need a couch! If they were sitting on a couch watching the game with a beer and some snacks they'd be the same as me and maybe see the same obvious issues and fixes. HEY TEPPER! Get these guys a couch to watch the game from! 

James Te Huna GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I totally agree with what the plan was... And They did a good job of fixing that problem..

The Oline is going to take time but when Rhule got here the Defense was clearly the bigger need.. Luke gone, Secondary and Dline needed to be rebuilt... We're still in year 2 of this rebuild.. I don't see how ppl don't see this..

Exactly! We started 3-0 and people got unrealistic expectations. 

I get this we need an OL ... yeah we do for sure... BUT even with time Darnold is throwing horrible passes to open receivers a lot, not seeing open receivers, and making horrible decisions, etc.   And if its because he is seeing ghosts, etc then he is damaged and probably not salvageable.   So yeah we need an OL, but even with a good OL it looks like Darnold is not the answer, sadly because I was optimistic with the trade for him.  

Edited by grateflday

1 minute ago, grateflday said:

I get this we need an OL ... yeah we do for sure... BUT even with time Darnold is throwing horrible passes to open receivers a lot, not seeing open receivers, and making horrible decisions, etc.   And if its because he is seeing ghosts, etc then he is damaged and probably not salvageable.   So yeah we need an OL, but even with a good OL it looks like Darnold is not the answer, sadly because I was optimistic with the trade for him.  

Here's the bigger picture, though :

Fix the O-Line now so that the NEXT QB (that' s NOT Sam Darnold) will have an easier time of it.

21 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Those guys got mid level contracts.. And my question is who else was out there to get?? In reality nobody you could have gotten for the Oline has the impact you got from Fox, Reddick, AJ, and Jones.. Plus reality was they started this rebuild on defense a year ago and wanted to finish it before going to the offense...

You are looking at things in a vacuum, its not just about this year, or this draft.  I mean they went all defense 2 years ago which is now looking a like a big mistake.   At some fuging point they have to spend high draft picks on lineman.  Thats just the way things work in the nfl.  You cannot cut corners like we did.  However, obviously we have one pick in 2 days come April.  I fear we are going to be in the exact same spot (again) in 2022.

I screamed for a LT in 2020 (we had our pick of 3 good ones) and I screamed again to spend some draft capital in 2021.  We got some 25 year old that is clearly in over his head in the 3rd.  Thats it. 

• Pie 1