• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 2022 NFL Draft QB class is giving off 2013 vibes

trueblade

Some of the similarities between the two classes, what's different, and why evaluating this group of QBs is so difficult.

2013 was one of the worst years in recent memory with EJ Manuel, Geno Smith and Mike Glennon as its top draft picks.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2022-nfl-draft-qb-class-breakdown-2013

Edited by trueblade
  • Beer 1

Well, we are going to have to draft a QB? Rhule will be on the hot seat and Tepper will be desperate for a QB. Watson isn't coming here and Rodgers wants the Broncos. A few QB's to look at in no particular order:

Matt Corrall

Carson Strong

Malik Willis

Sam Howell

Kenny Pickett 

Jake Haener 

Desmond Ridder

Tanner Mckee (Doubt he comes out)

4 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Wrong 

Corral is better than Jones, Fields and Lance as prospect. I think Howell has talent but needs to be coached up

Corral is not better than Lawrence who you conveniently left off your list.  I can’t wait for everyone to start telling us Corral is some perfect QB prospect because he is not that guy.  Period!

I like Sam Howell personally but behind this line he wont last 2 seasons

Edited by Shocker

We need to rebuild this OL and look for the next Jake Delhomme.  That's to say a capable #2 on another team that wants to move on with the chance to compete for #1 elsewhere.  This rookie class is WEAK and I couldn't stand another 2-3 years of losing...that's even if the rookie QB pans out which is iffy at best.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3

11 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Wrong 

Corral is better than Jones, Fields and Lance as prospect. I think Howell has talent but needs to be coached up

0.00% Chance he is better than Fields or Lance.  Not even in the same league.  Maybe Mac Jones.  But that’s about it.

While he has improved greatly since last year.  His Junior season almost mirrors Sam Darnolds at USC

He is the top guy in a Terrible QB class.  Meaning some QB needy team in the top 5 will reach and grab him before us.

Edited by ncfan

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Corral is not better than Lawrence who you conveniently left off your list.  I can’t wait for everyone to start telling us Corral is some perfect QB prospect because he is not that guy.  Period!

I like Sam Howell personally but behind this line he wont last 2 seasons

I know he’s not a breed prospect than Lawrence……

But he’s better than the majority of last years class. Corral has everything you want in a QB today, and unlike others he actually got better his senior season.

1 minute ago, GoobyPls said:

I know he’s not a breed prospect than Lawrence……

But he’s better than the majority of last years class. Corral has everything you want in a QB today, and unlike others he actually got better his senior season.

Beware the one year wonders. Joe Burrow is an anomaly largely created by a dramatic shift in offensive scheme his final season.

• Beer 1