• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

offensive coordinator approach

ericr0319

First, I do not believe Sam is a good QB. 

But, second, can we and should we blame our coaching? Specifically, why in the HECK is our OC sitting up in a booth smacking his gum and not coaching. Every good team, their OC's are down on the sidelines actually coaching. Sam goes out and throws a pick and there is nobody to talk to him about coverages with, look at their dumb Microsoft services and find something maybe that might work....?

He fails and he puts his hat on and gets no coaching. The coaching is failing him just as much. You can prepare as much as you want during the week but things change. Even Tom Brady is on the sidelines speaking with Byron Leftwitch.

I think this is a complete failure on Rhule and Brady.  

2 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

But, second, can we and should we blame our coaching? Specifically, why in the HECK is our OC sitting up in a booth smacking his gum and not coaching. Every good team, their OC's are down on the sidelines actually coaching. Sam goes out and throws a pick and there is nobody to talk to him about coverages with, look at their dumb Microsoft services and find something maybe that might work....?

He fails and he puts his hat on and gets no coaching. The coaching is failing him just as much. You can prepare as much as you want during the week but things change. Even Tom Brady is on the sidelines speaking with Byron Leftwitch.

Honestly coordinators belong in the booth IMO. 

• Pie 1

The main problems with this team stem from the QB on the field and the players assigned to protect him.  At the very least the FO needs to address the line and get a future starter at QB. 

Brady could be sleeping on an air mattress in Sam's apartment and on the sidelines during games throwing rose pedals at his feet but the results would be the same. 

1 hour ago, ericr0319 said:

Every good team, their OC's are down on the sidelines actually coaching.

Many of those OCs are head coaches : McVay, Kingsbury, Lefleur, Sean Payton.

But there are several good teams whose OC is in the booth. Buffalo and Dallas OCs call the game from the booth for example.

47 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The QB coach needs to be spending time with Darnold on the sideline.

He does.  Usually after a series I’ll see Sam sit down with Sean Ryan and look at the tablet, go over stuff, etc.  This guy has been QB Coach for Stafford and Watson.  He knows good QB play.  I just don’t think Sam is able to get over the mental hurdles of being an NFL QB.  

1 hour ago, ericr0319 said:

it's all under one room. Tepper's. He can feel free to leave.

The OC should have been able to look at Darnolds tape prior to signing him and said, this guy can't run my offense. Now 9 games into the season, he's still on the field and still can't run the offense. At some point you either believe you have what it takes and Rhule won't listen to you, you look terrible, and get fired, or you walk to save your career. He ain't walking so... 

32 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Many of those OCs are head coaches : McVay, Kingsbury, Lefleur, Sean Payton.

But there are several good teams whose OC is in the booth. Buffalo and Dallas OCs call the game from the booth for example.

i've never seen Kellen Moore in the booth. 

• Flames 1