• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those who think the REFS rig the game

TheBigKat

NFL has been getting heavier and heavier into gambling business under Goodell.  It’s a billion dollar business and the house always wins.  When the house wins, NFL wins.  I’m just surprised there is no independent government review board for all that business.  NBA, NFL and etc are all got very fishy over the last decade with almost obvious game fixing by the refs.

Edited by Ja Rhule
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

The ref said the flag thrown was not for this bit for taunting  prior to it 

the taunting call was questionable 

The taunitng call was VERY questionable.  It was just bad.  BUT, it  sure looked like the ref went out of his way to try to make the guy look even worse...before he threw the questionable flag.  

games like that are way people think football is fixed.  That wasn't the only horrible call that crew made to help the Steelers keep their MNF record intact. 

2 hours ago, Call Me James said:

Nah, that guy was doing the most. Spinning wheel kick, then taunting the punter, that was just the icing on the cake. 

People have been cut for less

Every defensive player has a celebration they do after a big play. 

See: Brian Burns Spider-Man pose. The wheel kick was no different. 

He didn't taunt the punter. He looked in the direction of the Steelers bench. He didn't say a word. If you watched the whole game, there was definitely some homebrew going on. They made questionable calls and no-calls in favor of the Steelers all night. It reminded me of SB50. The Steelers defense were hitting Fields late constantly. At one point, they did it three plays in a row. However, Ben barely gets touched and it draws a flag. 

The taunting call was bullshit and pre-determined by the ref. Refs shouldn't be able to determine the outcomes of games. There shouldn't be a penalty so subjective that the ref can call it literally any time they want. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Every defensive player has a celebration they do after a big play. 

See: Brian Burns Spider-Man pose. The wheel kick was no different. 

He didn't taunt the punter. He looked in the direction of the Steelers bench. He didn't say a word. If you watched the whole game, there was definitely some homebrew going on. They made questionable calls and no-calls in favor of the Steelers all night. It reminded me of SB50. The Steelers defense were hitting Fields late constantly. At one point, they did it three plays in a row. However, Ben barely gets touched and it draws a flag. 

The taunting call was bullshit and pre-determined by the ref. Refs shouldn't be able to determine the outcomes of games. There shouldn't be a penalty so subjective that the ref can call it literally any time they want. 

Yeah the defenses get together and celebrate after turnovers. This game was awful… The nonexistent holding call that turned over a TD to Graham, the awful roughing the passer that wasn’t called on Fields. I’m afraid Fields is going to get the Cam treatment for roughing the passer…

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah the defenses get together and celebrate after turnovers. This game was awful… The nonexistent holding call that turned over a TD to Graham, the awful roughing the passer that wasn’t called on Fields. I’m afraid Fields is going to get the Cam treatment for roughing the passer…

He already is. Remember when the ref told Cam he wasn't old enough to get those calls. Just absolutely shameful. I'm glad that announcers are more open on calling out the bullshit nowadays. They were letting the refs have it most of the night for calling a one-sided game. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

NFL has been getting heavier and heavier into gambling business under Goodell.  It’s a billion dollar business and the house always wins.  When the house wins, NFL wins.  I’m just surprised there is no independent government review board for all that business.  NBA, NFL and etc are all got very fishy over the last decade with almost obvious game fixing by the refs.

Lol if you think the politicians don't get a piece of the pie too.

• Flames 1