• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers agree to terms with Cam Newton.

Zod

Just now, ickmule said:

Based on his recent play and Brady as OC I’m not either. I hope they prove me wrong, but this move screams desperation.  Yes, this team is desperate so it makes sense. I feel bad for Cam because once again he will be a battering ram behind this line. 

I think that we can win a little more consistently with Cam back there vs. Sam...but we do have to stay healthy and the D HAS to play at a top 5 level.

Again, not optimistic, but it does give me a reason to tune in for at least a couple more Sunday's.

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Cam made Byrd look incredible frequently lol. Cam had a handful of very bad games, and all of them came after COVID, with half his INTs in 15 games coming in the 2 RIGHT after he came back. He's still dynamic and exciting to watch, and he'll have one of the best supporting casts of his career on O.

No more excuses for Brady and Robby tho.

I don’t like that we’re gonna throw him out there in 3 days. Unfair to cam. Yes he probably would still be better than pj. But he’s not in football shape and going against the #4 ranked defense is a tall task. cam is ultra competitive so he’s gonna play to win. Especially with the added mojo of being back with the panthers. I’d like to see him get another week of practice with the receivers especially Robby to get in rhythm. I suspect DJ and cmc will be good to go with him already tho.

1 minute ago, mc52beast said:

Is Tepper signing off on this because they think Cam can actually help the team or does Tepper just realize he’ll make more money with Cam on the team.

Little of both I'm assuming.

He was likely embarrassed by the multitudes of visiting fans, terrible losses, and flat out bad QB play.

Guessing this makes fans tune in, show up, and buy merchandise....and hopefully wins a few games along the way.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

I think that we can win a little more consistently with Cam back there vs. Sam...but we do have to stay healthy and the D HAS to play at a top 5 level.

Again, not optimistic, but it does give me a reason to tune in for at least a couple more Sunday's.

It will be interesting for sure. I watched almost every Patriot game last season and Cam wasn’t very good very often. I still think physically he’s done, but we will see.  I hope people temper their excitement because they may be in for a real letdown.  Some people expect Brady to come up with a playbook to suit Cam, that’s funny, Brady doesn’t have a clue. 

• Pie 1

Now who was the numb nuts that told me they were tired of people talking about Cam Newton possibilities when I brought it up? I have a feeling he is pretty much physically almost done and can't be what he once was but best choice by far. Maybe he will somehow fall into at least a little of his old form and ride off in the sunset as a Panther one last time being sent off the right way.

Edited by YourLastThought
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Sam is the #2 ranked starting qb for avg pocket time. He makes a not good oline look considerably worse. Cam can actually read defenses and make throws in rhythm. There’s still going to be issues where cam is gonna have to bail them out with his legs. It’s why I don’t think we’ll make the playoffs with him with the schedule we have remaining. But cam is going to stabilize the offense and give us some hope. If cam started day 1 here? We would’ve stacked wins and gotten in. 

Cam's pocket time in 2020 was longer than Darnold's this year, but I agree that he has the tools to hopefully handle that issue better. We'll see. I really hope so. 

1 minute ago, ickmule said:

It will be interesting for sure. I watched almost every Patriot game last season and Cam wasn’t very good very often. I still think physically he’s done, but we will see.  I hope people temper their excitement because they may be in for a real letdown.  Some people expect Brady to come up with a playbook to suit Cam, that’s funny, Brady doesn’t have a clue. 

I do believe that he is all but finished...however there could be a little more juice left...I'm not a huge fan of the move as a "football move", but I totally understand.

Everyone is desperate in this situation.

• Beer 1