• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where is this 'win now' mentality coming from?

Ivan The Awesome

41 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

Weak bottom half of the NFC means you only need 8-9 wins to get the 7 seed. Our top 5 defense and an average offense is good enough to achieve that.

Once you are in the playoffs anything can happen.

Thats were I am, I mean Im always wanting to make playoffs and see what happens. I still member when the...ugh....steelers went on the road all three games and won. Anything can happen for one game, one week. 

fug ALL DRAFT TALK TIL PLAYOFFS. Sick of those killing that line of thinking.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

KEPT CAM fuging NEWTON IN THE FIRST PLACE AND GAVE HIM A SHOT!!! Now you're down several picks that you need to fix this shitty line. And you expect Cam to make a something out of this pile of dog poo you call an offensive line? 

Exactly. Should have never let him go and fixed up the O-line with that money and picks, instead we are still paying Teddy in dead money and paid 3 picks we could used on the line for Casper the Ghost.

• Beer 1

Any NFL staff that isn’t in “win now” mode is a few months from getting fired. Coaches want to win. GMs want to build. 

I actually think the trade for Darnold was a “win now” move in theory. Darnold just turns out to be terrible.

The OL piece of this puzzle from the start of FA and draft night has always been a known disaster. I would be you that if Fitt knew he’d be able to trade for Gilmore and Henderson that he would have gone in a different direction. But….hindsight is 20/20 and nobody could have predicted those availabilities.

9 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Should have kept Teddy. He was nowhere near as bad as was depicted here

The problem with Teddy is that he’s a JAG. He doesn’t have any elite attributes to make anyone think he’s going to lead a team in the playoffs. His arm is mediocre. His speed is mediocre. His decisions are mediocre. His ability to stay healthy was mediocre. He’s mediocre….I don’t think the staff was going to settle for that so they moved on.  

For all of Darnold’s SIGNIFICANT faults. He moves better than Teddy and his arm is stronger. I think we got a glimpse of that in the first three games. The problem is he couldn’t bounce back from losing CMC and Darnold. Then he got injured. I think If he had kept one of those guys he’d still be the starter. 

But no..I’m not sad we got rid of Teddy. 

32 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

The problem with Teddy is that he’s a JAG

That's not the problem with Teddy. He ran the offense efficiently until they got to the red zone. Then through a combination of coaching, play calling, and execution, the offense screwed the pooch. The problem with Teddy was that he publicly criticized and exposed the coaching staff. Rhule and Co couldn't have that.

10 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

The entire premise from day-1 of training camp is "win now"...

...thinking any other way is a loser's mentality.

There has never been a clearly defined plan.  I was cool with teddy if the plan was to rebuild last year, bring in a young guy this season to sit and then let teddy walk.  It just seems the front office didnt have the patience to let it play out.

IMO what should have happened was to let Cam run it out last season to see what was there.  If they were dead set on cutting cam then dont sign Teddy roll Grier out there for a tank year and then build through the draft.

If just seems like we have our feet in both pools, win now and rebuild and I hope that doesnt mean the 8winish purgatory that so many teams are in.  Not good enough for the playoffs and not good enough for a top 6ish pick.

13 hours ago, Kuhndog94 said:

my favorite part

Screenshot_20211111-132618_Twitter.jpg.8935c73738a00bf5b4117da957cace66.thumb.jpg.4665f32183e92d27b3a101d79a69730e.jpg

I'm not sure if fans can visualize how much a couple of  BILLION is. 

1000  Million , is a billion

So do you really think the pocket change or dollar bills needed to pay these 3 , is a concern for  David Tepper.

The only time we should worry about his spending is in the discussion of Cap Space.  And after watching the Saints for years, let's face it, there are ways around everything to do anything..

I really seems like this coaching staff is trying to save this season for many different reasons. I wouldn't be shocked if we were not rebuilding with at least a new OC next year and it could be a new staff. Seems like we have no real direction. Just like in the preseason totally ignoring the OL or a QB. We ignored both in the draft and had zero back up plan if the rent a line and QB failed. 

13 hours ago, CRA said:

I don’t think I we can lump Teddy and Sam as the same type mistakes. 

I mean what they did going all in on Sam is a completely different level than the Teddy thing IMO.  Teddy helped get the new system installed and running in a COVID world.   He was at least competent.  Team always competitive. We probably have a winning season right now with him still here.   

The all in on Sam thing really isn’t forgivable in the way Teddy was.   Just mind boggling what they were thinking there. 

Mostly agree with you here. You can definitely see the logic behind these decisions, even acquiring Sam (although we got hosed in hindsight with the compensation). Sometimes things just don’t work out.  The head scratcher for me was exercising that fifth year option on a QB with his spotty history. They certainly should have held their horses on that one.