• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions on who is at fault for Cam's departure??

WOW!!

8 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

2 unhealthy seasons with a bum throwing shoulder is what got Cam gone. 

fug how quick people forget. 

The thing is he went to New England played well first 3 games got covid and went downhill.  if they had kept and just let him played all unknowns would have been revealed. Maybe Cam was back and if in Carolina not got covid played great and this season you in playoffs. 2. Maybe he stayed played great first half of season and arm strength depleted and now u know u need a QB.  Either way you are in much better place than what you are now. Draft picks and cap money are now gone. You could have saved all that. They totally messed this all up, but maybe it was for the betterment of both sides. Humble pie!

Edited by Darvinsun
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

12 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Cam says it's  irrelevant which it is now.. But alot of "somebody" else's money has been spent to replace him.. Only to bring him back to save the season and hopefully give a reset on this rebuild...

(Thanks Cam for being so mature)

But I've heard alot of narrative over this situation.. So let's break it down and discuss...

1. Was it Tepper choice because he wanted to axe all things Jerry Richardson and put his stamp on the team?? I'm not convinced because he seems to love Cam like Jerry did and no doubt getting Cam back was his call..

2. Marty H.. Did he want to keep his job so bad that he didn't trust Cam to be healthy a full season or carry the team anymore?? Which he needed I guess a record that would convince Tepper to keep him some where in the organization?? I don't know.. Marty was Cam biggest claim to fame.. Cam was his guy..

3. Was it Rhule wanting to build his culture and not thinking he could do that with Cam persona?? I've heard this alot..

4. Cam wanting a contract and some security and a sign of belief from the team.. And not wanting to play a lame duck year??

5. Brady wanting his guy Teddy??? Making Rhule and Marty get his guy because Brady is Tepper's guy right?? My problem here is Brady said he wanted to work with Cam then and today..

Do you have anymore conspiracy theories or here say??

I dont think it was nesscesarily anyone's fault.  I also dont think him coming back now means it was a mistake.   At the time he was wanting an extension and he only had a year left on his contract.  If we had kept him we would have given him a lot bigger contract than he is here now on.  I think he overvalued himself a little at the time and his market after he was left humbled him some.  I dont really think any mistakes were made on this road besides how it was handled publicly and personally but I dont think the actual decisions were wrong.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Martin said:

Just curious. You don’t think Cam’s injury history and indirectly asking for a new contract on social media had anything to do with it? You think it was 100% one-sided and Cam did everything perfect from his side?

I think it was handled poorly from both sides, but it is obviously totally fine to have a different take on it.

I’m really happy to have Cam back btw, but again I think both sides had some responsibility for how it went down.

I just think his entire release was handled poorly. They could've just let him stay on a 1-year prove it deal and then evaluate from there. I don't know if Cam would've accepted a 1 year deal at the time, but that's in the past now. I'm happy they've made amends and brought him back.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

59 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

The thing is he went to New England played well first 3 games got covid and went downhill.  if they had kept and just let him played all unknowns would have been revealed. Maybe Cam was back and if in Carolina not got covid played great and this season you in playoffs. 2. Maybe he stayed played great first half of season and arm strength depleted and now u know u need a QB.  Either way you are in much better place than what you are now. Draft picks and cap money are now gone. You could have saved all that. They totally messed this all up, but maybe it was for the betterment of both sides. Humble pie!

I wouldn't say his arm looked good. It waa still an issue.  To the point that his throws in preseason looked better than anything he did last season. 

His health is the reason he was gone. Not politics. 

It doesn't matter. All that matters is that we're moving forward. Was there a waste of money? Probably, but it wasn't mine so I'm not crying.

But as far as what brought it about and who is to blame....don't look for just one party because that's very rarely the case.

Cam wanted a long term contract but he hadn't been healthy in several years. Do you give a long term contract to a great, but often injured player that the offense is built around? (Yes...you could ask that about CMC as well)

Also, it could be that the culture that Rhule wanted to cultivate in this team didn't mesh well with Cam's larger than life personality.

There's nothing wrong with what Rhule wanted to do (a culture that is more about getting down to business than partying while you do business) and nothing wrong with Cam's personality (contrary to what some people whos minds are stuck in an outdated and narrow-minded point of view).

But sometimes the chemistry isn't right. I think the situation and players involved have evolved to make it work in a way it wouldn't have before. Basically the time is right when it may not have been before.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I think the driving force was Rhule. He wanted to establish a new personality for ‘his’ team, and nobody can really out-personality Cam. Cam is the undisputed alpha here. With the questions about Cam’s health and whispers of him wanting a new contract, I completely understand why Rhule decided to part ways w Cam. I like the culture of ‘brotherhood’ that Rhule has been driving home to our players. It seems to be getting traction especially with the defense. However I completely disagree with his decision to not go after a suitable replacement at QB as soon as he knew he wanted to move on from Cam. That’s been a disaster obviously. 

10 hours ago, MechaZain said:

At the end of the day it's Tepper's call. If keeping Cam was important he would have made it a priority in his search for a coach. He brought in Rhule and Brady, who did not want to hitch their new wagon to broken goods by signing Cam to a big contract. Few alternatives in a market desperate for QBs so Brady jumped at the chance to bring in his guy.

And the irony to all this, forget about Teddy, they hitched themselves to the most broken QB I’ve seen since David Carr

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1

Does it really matter who was behind it? Cam wasn’t 2015 Cam when he left and literally only the Pats wanted him afterwards.

I’m actually thinking Cam is on the team again not because they think he can save us but because Tepper knows he’ll make him more money than what he’s making now.