• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera is a class act.

TheMaulClaw

One of the most touching moments for Moore[Humane Society] was the day the shelter received a donation from Washington Football Team owner Dan Snyder.

“It showed how much our organization meant to them,” she said. “This was after they went to Washington. Dan Snyder actually made a donation to our capital campaign because of how much Ron loved this organization.”

“I’m like, ‘What? OK, this is amazing!’ But yeah, who does that?” Stucker said. “They just knew how important his community work was to him that they wanted to support him even on his transition, you know? And it was — that was just the coolest.”

The Riveras, Stucker said, left the Charlotte area better than they found it, and their impact is still felt in the community. For instance, the relationship the Riveras built between the Panthers and the Humane Society continues, and it all started with an introduction Stephanie made between the organization and Tepper’s wife, Nicole.

“We are receiving gifts from them, and I’m able to email Nicole and ask her for some help with certain things,” Stucker said. “And she responds and they support us. I think we would never have that opportunity if it wasn’t for Stephanie. Stephanie brought her to the shelter, wanted to give her a tour, wanted her to see what was so meaningful to her and Ron and to share that. It’s almost like she planted the seed for the next generation that was coming behind her.”

Edited by ladypanther
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I think every time the Huddle critiques or complains about a Panthers player, coach, etc, we're talking about them in their role not as a human being. As much as we bash Sam Darnold, we bash him as a player and not as a person, I've never met the guy, but I've seen him suck at QB. 

Lol this.

A lot of people here can't separate the player from the person.

• Pie 3

You'd hope he'll get a good ovation from the crowd on Sunday before the game if they announce him, which I'd hope they will out of respect for his dedication to the team and community over the years.  Solid man and role model who clearly impacted many lives on and off the field. 

• Pie 5