• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther legend wished me a happy birthday!

Chad_Cota

21 minutes ago, Chad_Cota said:

Guys no I am not Chad Cota haha, I have just been a big fan of the Panthers for a longtime. My wife surprised me today with a video from Steve Smith. Let’s get a Win this weekend! 

I coach HS football in Oregon (where Chad is from), a few years ago when his son Chase who now plays at UCLA, we played them. As the teams were warming up he was near the 50, so I went over and talked to him about his time in Carolina, and that I had been a fan forever. It was fun to chat with him, he loved Carolina. He was really cool, and thanked me for bringing up awesome memories. They then curb stomped us in the game. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 3

58 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

Your wife must love you very much.  That's not an easy task to achieve getting 89 to send a birthday greeting.  What an honor.  Happy Birthday.

I don't mean to cheapen this gift cause it's very awesome and thoughtful, but this is through a service called "Cameo" where you can pay celebrities to make videos/shoutouts for you or someone else.  So it really is pretty easy lol but definitely not cheap....I just checked and Steve Smith charges $165 per video.  That's pretty insane.

• Beer 4

19 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I don't mean to cheapen this gift cause it's very awesome and thoughtful, but this is through a service called "Cameo" where you can pay celebrities to make videos/shoutouts for you or someone else.  So it really is pretty easy lol but definitely not cheap....I just checked and Steve Smith charges $165 per video.  That's pretty insane.

was gonna post this but I didn't for the exact reason ya stated. Some things are better left unsaid. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

39 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

lol @ Steve Smith being on Cameo. I know there are some legit superstars up there, but it's mostly B-list and washed up celebs trying to make a few bucks. I means Steve Smith does have a real job and I can't imagine he makes that much from Cameo to be worth it.

• Poo 2

1 minute ago, Luciu5 said:

lol @ Steve Smith being on Cameo. I know there are some legit superstars up there, but it's mostly B-list and washed up celebs trying to make a few bucks. I means Steve Smith does have a real job and I can't imagine he makes that much from Cameo to be worth it.

I know a number of folks who’ve had Smith record vids through Cameo. He does a pretty good job. I imagine it’s just something to do while he’s bored.