• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brady Christensen to start at Guard this week

BlitzMonster

If Christensen and Brown both become atleast serviceable starters, if not more(Especially in Christensens case) then that would mean 3/5th of our Offensive Line is solved and we only need to draft and develop 2 more guys.

The problem is Rhule can't develop offensive lineman, so IF he stays he needs to bring in an experienced offensive line coach and not another buddy from college.

• Pie 2

I think this may be the concern our coaching staff has with Christensen:

draft percentiles

It shows Brady's arms are in the 4th percentile for an NFL OT.  So basically 96 % of OT measured had longer arms than Brady did.  

Those numbers are pretty bad, I must admit.  But I'd still rather give the guy a chance, especially given his excellent college career playing LT.  And all his outstanding performance numbers otherwise.  Christensen is an elite athlete.

Our alternatives at LT are poo so why not try Christensen out ??  Seriously, what does the team have to lose ?

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Why are we starting Daley????????? Erving, BC, Moton, and Elf at center are givens with Brown deserving a shot followed by MJ and Scott. Daley is just terribly and has been on the team for years…. 

Daley is poo.  That's been pretty well established in his career.  He's just not a starting LT in the NFL.  And watching 5 minutes of his tape gives all the evidence of his failures that one needs. 

Christensen is the question mark.  We really don't know what we have with him yet.   And that's a huge failure of the current coaching staff.   They need to find out what he can & can't do.   The only way to do that is to give him playing time.

Edited by BlitzMonster

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fug it. I don't even care anymore. I'm at the point of actually hoping for Rhule to make as many stupid decisions as possible to hopefully ensure his firing. Play Darnold when he's cleared. Stick with him after he throws three INTs before halftime.

You don’t have to hope for any of that dumb sh*t to happen. Panthers are getting their dicks punched in again by the Falcons tomorrow and it’s gonna be hilarious 

9 hours ago, hepcat said:

You don’t have to hope for any of that dumb sh*t to happen. Panthers are getting their dicks punched in again by the Falcons tomorrow and it’s gonna be hilarious 

I am inclined to agree. The Falcons are not as bad as their record indicates, so the Panthers will have to play an "A Plus" game if they are going to have a chance to win.

Looks like Brady is starting at RG, wouldn’t it make more sense to start him at LG (and I know, nothing about this makes sense). I was thinking at least keep him on the left side. For those of you who understand O-Line, wouldn’t it be easier for him to transition to LG, instead of RG, from LT, or does it not matter?

• Pie 1