• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Objective opinion

Snake

Is there any way Rhule could pull this train wreck back on the tracks? I'm digging but imo the only way would be to hire both a NFL caliber OC and DC. Being that he doesn't know many I would suspect he would have to rely on Fitters to do this. Not very likely to happen but let's hear your ideas. Because what else we got at this point. 

Bored Nothing GIF

Who with any competency or sanity would come work for a HC like Rhule now?

Sounds like the players are starting to point fingers (Erving) and I bet the front office people are already distancing themselves from Rhule, as they tend to do in these situations.

It's over, all that is left is wrapping up the rest of the year one way or another. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Here's the issue. Put yourself in the shoes of good NFL coordinator candidates with other options. Are you really going to come to work for a guy who everyone knows will be on one of the hottest seats in the league next year (assuming we would retain Rhule here) with a massive question mark at QB and nearly the entire OL or would you go somewhere with more job security? Honestly, it kinda feels like you're just setting yourself up for failure. Which is why Rhule needs to be fired.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

I think he could if he hired a really good offensive coordinator.

I do think we have the talent.  Obviously, we would need to find a way to get a QB.

But I really think it is Rhule's nepotism that has maybe done him in the most.  If he went out and got a highly sought after offensive coordinator and gave said person control over the offense?  I do think with the talent we have and an upgrade at QB, we could push for the playoffs next year.

But do I trust Matt Rhule to do that?  Nah.  I think it is far more likely Jeff Nixon is the offensive coordinator next year, if Rhule stays.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Here's the issue. Put yourself in the shoes of good NFL coordinator candidates with other options. Are you really going to come to work for a guy who everyone knows will be on one of the hottest seats in the league next year (assuming we would retain Rhule here) with a massive question mark at QB and nearly the entire OL or would you go somewhere with more job security? Honestly, it kinda feels like you're just setting yourself up for failure. Which is why Rhule needs to be fired.

Anyone willing to take that job is suspect as hell. Maybe, longshot maybe, someone who failed elsewhere takes the job to prove it next year...Yeah, that sounds like a recipe for success next year. 

Doesn't matter, Rhule wouldn't hire them or work with them. All indications are he leans heavily on 'his people'. Identify those people and fire them along with Rhule is still the best option on the table. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yup it would only attract other college unknowns Why get paid a fraction of Rhules salary to basically teach him how to coach? Only to have him blow 3 timeouts in one series or randomly yank a rookie player out of the game for 1 mistake. There is zero reasoning behind his in game coaching decisions besides panic 

I think Rhule is done, and I'm usually the patient guy. Giving a guy only 2 years seems crazy to me, but this train is off the rails, and Rhule keeps hammering nails into his own coffin.

From day 1 Rhule's staff was a risk, with so little NFL experience, and it was only going to prove differently if it worked, which it clearly hasn't.

They shipped Cam away.

Brought in Bridgewater for too much money, then shipped him away.

Brought in Sam Darnold for valuable draft capital, extended him, and he was already done before the halfway mark of the season.

Brought back Cam, and are now tossing him under the bus with Teddy, Brady, and Darnold.

The Panthers are now objectively worse than when Rhule joined the team, and they've done appreciably little to fix any of the core areas that they've struggled in besides move deck chairs around the Titanic.

QB? Still a problem

Offensive line? Somehow worse

Defense? Lack a true NFL front 7, and depth

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1